Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Hi
    I have several CC that i have not paid on for at least 2 yrs. They all have been sold to collection agencies. So far no has taken any legal action against me ( I have nothing).. I am not planning on filing BK unless these people come after me. Its been 2 yrs, do you think they will after this long? Also, i need a new vehicle..nthing out rageous or even new, but a decent, low mileage vehicle. If i were to purchase a vehicle and i do end up filing BK down the road, will it be taken away from me? I drive a 14 yr old vehicle now, so i know this wouldnt be taken from me..My sister woould loan me money for a down payment..also, if i need to finace say$ 5,000 with a large down payment , with such bad credit do u think i would be able to be financed???

Chase waited three years to sue me and I had nothing either. Don't think that they won't come after you! They can still garnish your wages and levy your bank accounts!

You might have trouble getting financed at a decent rate. Can you buy an older used car? (not as old as your current one of course).

Besides, if you use a large down payment, creditors will definitely think that you have have money to pay them!
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

but if the credit card has aleady been written off by the CC company and sold to collection agency, why would the cc come back and sue? Also, if i make a cash downpayment, how will the CC companies/collection agencies even know about it..it doesnt go on your credit report..

Comment

Originally posted by savanasue View Post
        but if the credit card has aleady been written off by the CC company and sold to collection agency, why would the cc come back and sue? Also, if i make a cash downpayment, how will the CC companies/collection agencies even know about it..it doesnt go on your credit report..
        Do you know for a fact that the debt was "sold," or are they simply trying to collect?
        Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

yes, the credit card debt has been sold to collection agencies...i know this for sure...

Comment

for some people it will take up to six months to get sued and for some it can take up to 6,7 years before they get sued, you never know.

Comment

Does your credit report show the CA as the creditor? Are your original creditors reporting a $0 balance? All of my original creditors who sold my debt report $0 balance. After 5-6 years of this, my credit score is getting better. A charge-off with a $0 balance showing appears to be better than a JDB reporting a CO in collections.

Comment

My capital one card was sold to a collection agency and I am currently being sued after a year of not paying.
                Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by BankruptinNJ View Post
                  Chase waited three years to sue me and I had nothing either. Don't think that they won't come after you! They can still garnish your wages and levy your bank accounts!

You might have trouble getting financed at a decent rate. Can you buy an older used car? (not as old as your current one of course).

Besides, if you use a large down payment, creditors will definitely think that you have have money to pay them!
                  Do they send you a letter that they are goin got garnish wages and bank accounts?

Comment

You guys, this thought has crossed my mind...BUT - but - it's like having to always look over your shoulder, isn't it??

Comment

Originally posted by savanasue View Post
                      If you take a loan out, that would most likely show up on your report, give the creditors a heads up and that's how they would know. I think I read somewhere they do this "automatic" checking thing, but not positive of that. I know I didn't get away with more than six months without being sued. Of course, I own a home so that may make a difference even though it has a mortgage.

Just be aware, you are never out of the woods with that debt until the SOL on them runs out or you discharge in a BK.

Good luck.
                      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                      341 5/23/11
                      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Would you be able to get a car loan with not paying credit cards for 2 years and having them sold to collection agencies? If you know for sure that they have been sold to a collection agency I'm guessing either they are calling you or it is on your credit report.
                        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
                          Do they send you a letter that they are goin got garnish wages and bank accounts?
                          They have to sue you and get a judgement before they can garnish anything.

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
                          Just be aware, you are never out of the woods with that debt until the SOL on them runs out or you discharge in a BK.
                          You may not be out of the woods even after the SOL expires. A creditor may sue after the SOL expires in which case you have to file an answer stating that the SOL expired. It can be a real pain and you may have to do more than just file an answer to make the suit go away.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X