top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheriff at door to take my personal property!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheriff at door to take my personal property!!!!

As youn can see this is the week from hell! Told sheriff going to file bankruptcy, gave him attorney"s info - how long do I have before he comes back and takes my cars and things!!!! I never pictured so many bad things happening to me - if they take cars, hubby will also be without ability to do his job!! I still have 3 years tax returns to do - and they are not simple ones.

Have call into attorney from friday and will call again first thing tomorrow. I think I would just like to shoot myself then to live like this anymore. There is no hope for the future - we will be homeless, unemployed and starving - who wants to live this way?
    there is no point to it.

Or you could ask yourself-who wants to die this way?
    Just the other day a man down the street from me shot and killed his former mother in law, wife, and himself. He will always be remembered for this.
    If we control our thinking as best we can even during times of critical stress we can have drastically different and better outcomes. Seek all the legal and family help that you can and don't act rashly. You can get these bad times behind you as many on this board have done. If you believe in God now is a good time to pray and later thank him when he helps you. Please don't give up!
    Chapter 13ner

Comment

Pansy, did you see my pm?
      PLEASE don't do anything rash.
      Take a deep breath, chances are, nothing is going to happen all that fast. My attorney says they usually do a "constructive levy".. meaning they leave things where they are and sell them at a later date. What exactly did the sheriff say?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Pansy - please try to stay calm. You can fix this.

You need to take your Pre-BK course online TONIGHT so you can get your certificate via e-mail by in the morning. This way you can have your attorney file an Emergency BK Petition tomorrow if you need to. You will need to give your attorney info about your creditors if you do this so go ahead tonight and make a list of all of your creditors with mailing addresses. If you do decide to do this - remember to get a bank balance, too! Now you will be prepared to stop the sheriff in his tracks if need be.

By just doing those 2 items above (your course and the list) - you have turned the tables back and put things into your control.

If your attorney files tomorrow - you will need to have all the rest of the info to him in about a week. He then has to put your info onto the proper forms and file it with the court within 15 days of your emergency petition filing. This will give you time to file those taxes, too.

See? You have the power to stop all of this by going on and pulling the pin on the bankruptcy grenade - this will give you time in your house as the automatic stay will stop the mortgage company, too.

Hang in there. PLEASE know we all care and are here for you to help in any little way we can. <3 Feel free to PM if you need to talk.

Link to $5 online counseling : ConsumerBankruptcyCounseling.info
        Last edited by ValleYum; 10-23-2011, 04:41 PM.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Hang in there,,, I know it is hard now, we have all been there, things will get better promise...
          Filled 5-2010
          7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
          8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Pansy - I know how frustrating it can be when it seems like everything is coming at you at once. The most important thing right now is stopping your cars from being seized. Vallyeum has given you some good advice. Things WILL get better, I promise but now is the time to act. Once you meet with your attorney you will feel some relief. It sounds from your other posts that you've already retained an attorney so that is one thing you don't have to worry about. Schedule a meeting tomorrow and get the ball rolling.

Please check in. We are all worried about you. I will keep you in my thoughts.
            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Thank you all for your help and support. I spent yet another sleepness night - I am so tired I can barely move. We did the precounseling course a few months ago and have the certificates. I'm gathering the bank statements - had most of them together already. Spent hours trying to gather alll the statements from creditors and who has bought them - some have gone through 3 to 4 agencies already!!! This is on 14 different accounts and 2 leases - most of them were business accounts. From what his telephone person says he takes the creditor info from credit report - but I got mine in May and a lot has happened since then. I have to cross reference each account and make sure EVERYBODY is on the list - I ahev NO money to amend anything!

Unfortunately - my attorney will not let his receptionist say anything - I can only get answers from him - if I can get him!!

I will let you know the outcome - again, thank you all for your support, I was seriously thinking about ending it last night.

Crap - this all ran together - it was fine on my scene - please someone edit my post - I have to get this done.

Comment

pansyface - I know how you feel. ValleyYum and others are RIGHT though - the atty CAN and they DO!!!!! file EMERGENCY PETITIONS - three/four pages - that's it - if you can't find a creditor address just get ANY ANY ANY address for them trhu the internet - as long as they're listed you're find.

As VY said then you/atty have 15 days to finish the rest of it.

Comment

Don't answer the door...I don't believe they will kick it in for personal property seizure!! At least not the first visit.
                  Meanwhile if you have anything worth keeping move it in with a friend/neighbor/relative.
                  Don't worry about tracking down creditors who have sold your debts...it doesn't matter to you.
                  As long as you list the original creditor you're covered.
                  You can also list any collection agencies or debt buyers for "notice only" on your matrix.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

The problem with not answering the door is that the sheriff was in a social club with my husband! I didn't answer so he went to my husband's place of business!!!

Called Attorney 2x - not in yet - I have holistic therapy in 10 mins (free) - do I stay or do I go?

Attorney's person - says he's not in yet and will leave by twelve!!! Also I can't fax info to him!!! What do you use for when incurred the debt - I have no idea for ones I had been paying on forever.

Comment

go to your therapy! does the sheriff have a judgment against you to seize your cars????

i agree with everyone, calm down and just take a breath or two or ten. get out of the house ...that may help you. go to a friends house. i really doubt the sheriff's office will break down you doors and take your things at this point.

also, did you get some type of notice??? usually you will??
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

They have a judgement but doesn't say cars - already took all my money and overdrew my bank acct which i can't close because of debit. It will close when i file.

sheriff said he was there to get personal proeprty - I had done the debtors info - both our cars are in my name!

Comment

Originally posted by PANSYFACE View Post
                          They have a judgement but doesn't say cars - already took all my money and overdrew my bank acct which i can't close because of debit. It will close when i file.

sheriff said he was there to get personal proeprty - I had done the debtors info - both our cars are in my name!
                          are they telling you which "personal" property they are coming for?? i understand if there is an outstanding judgement the creditor can go after any assets.. and you're in nj..double
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

i didn't see the paperwork - we told him we were filing and he said good and went away!
                            Goinf to therapy - be back later - THANK YOU ALL!!

Comment

take care!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X