Are mortgage servicers subject FDCPA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are mortgage servicers subject FDCPA?

My mortgage was just transferred from B.O.A. to Northstar mortgage.
    I did not reaffirm my mortgage after Bk in Dec. 2012.
    I have made all payments on time.
    New servicer is apparently very aggressive in contacting people, even when they are not late with
    mortgage payments. I don't want to be bothered by phone calls fro payment when I'm not late.
    Can I issue a cease and desisit order to this new servicer?
    Thank you
    Dennis

dennis, are they collection calls or introduction calls. i always tell people when you get a server change it's always a GREAT idea to call them, make certain they have undated information etc.

more than likely they are going to attempt to ask you to apply for a modification so they can have you sign on that dotted line and get hooked!!

i would if i were you and only IMHO speak with them. tell them you don't want to be bother with calls unless of course there is a valid reason, like you are late on the payment. as far as a C & D for what reason? you'd be surprised how the banks do not give them correct information with the transfer. it's good to start off on the right foot. i'm just handling a property like that, the new server was sending to a old address while the lender had all the correct information for years, when the transfer took place they messed up everything. so it's just a good idea to say hi, this is me, check to make certain you all my correct information and NO i'm not interested in a loan mod, goodby. again, that's just what i would do.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X