top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to a judgement after BK Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to a judgement after BK Discharge?

I am wondering what happens to a default judgement that was included in a Chapter 7? We received our discharge earlier this month and our BK has been closed. I am curious if there is something further we need to do in regards to the default judgement? It was for a credit card that was included in the BK( Wells Fargo CC bought by Midland funding). Thanks....

You need to contact your lawyer and ake steps to get the judgment vacated.

Comment

Yes the judgment remains but you have an absolute affirmative defense of "discharged in bankruptcy"
      You have to file a motion with the issuing court to have it vacated. Or you could just ignore it until you
      need to deal with it probably when you buy a house.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I am also in Arizona, and I also have this same problem (though it is a summary judgment, not a default judgment). Anyways, I will be receiving my discharge in a couple of weeks, and I would like to be sure that I don't have any "surprises" in the future due to the judgment, which is for a Discover credit card that is being discharged.

Is it worth trying to have the judgment set aside through the court, or trying to get the law firm who sued me to dismiss it or mark it "satisfied"? I don't want to have money taken from my bank accounts, or have prospective employers not hire me due to a judgment that I am no longer legally obligated to pay.

Comment

You need to get it vacated. This thread may help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X