Tax Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Returns

Do most trustees ask for your tax return every year. I just wondered because mine does not and I feel this may be unusual?

Are you asking about the tax returns or tax refunds?

In all likelihood, you will be required to send copies of your state and federal tax returns to the trustee during the pendency of the case.

Turning over tax refunds for the years you are in Chapter 13 will depend upon many factors including, but not limited to, whether or not you can claim an exemption in the refunds, if no exemption - the amount of the refund, the history of you getting refunds in past years etc. You will have to discuss this with your attorney to find out what is required in your district and/or by your specific trustee.

skyoumans Edt: I misread your post. Sorry. The requirement varies by trustee and/or district. Are you asking about tax returns or tax refunds?

Des.
    Last edited by despritfreya; 09-30-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks despritfreya for all of the information. I was speaking of tax returns. Our trustee does not ask for them to look at our earnings every year.

Comment

We are not required to send in tax returns or tax refunds either. I don't think it is as universal as people make it seem on here.

Comment

It's pretty standard for 100% payback debtors to keep their tax refunds for the entirety of the case. I suppose that means those debtors paying back 100% don't need to submit tax returns in some districts.

So are we talking about chapter 13 cases with less than 100% payback? It makes sense 100% paybacks are treated a lot better.

Comment

Im required to send my tax returns in for mine, our attorney also told us to change our with holding to cut back the tax return amount and our child credit covers the rest of the return so we get to keep it.

Comment

We are definitely not at 100% payback. My attorney just said to let them know if their is a change in income.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X