No announcement yet.

CA Ch7 exemptions code#?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee had you modify the car portion, because I assume that your car was already totaled at the time of filing. Therefore, you had a pending settlement at time of filing. Seems accurate to me.

Good luck!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I don't NORMALLY have such trouble picking out all the details and keeping them organized, but as I prepared the papers for faxing to the Trustee this morning, I found a number of other discrepancies and additional bits I needed to submit. ...And I've been through this stuff countless times!

I also sent an email to the Trustee's assistant to follow up the fax. I hope to hear back by early tomorrow that the papers are in order and satisfactory, and I won't have to drive up to Santa Rosa at 11:30.

I also noticed that in one of the emails from the assistant that I need to file the additional documents with the Clerk, so I have to go up SOMETIME, but perhaps early one morning, and salvage the most of my day.

I also have to complete the final counselling session, get the certificate, and I assume that must also be filed with the Clerk. I got the initial certificate from CCCS, but I've since received solicitations from other agencies that do it for less, although I don't know if they're "approved." I'll have to make another trip to Santa Rosa in any case.... ;-(

In Pro Per is not for wussies!

Comment

I hardly ever deliver documents to the Clerk in hand anymore -- unless I'm already at the Court that day.

I sent everything by overnight mail or by First Class U.S. Mail.

If a fee is involved, you should call first!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Good tip! I checked with the Clerk, they only charge extra for filing amended Matrix or Schedules D, E or F.

They said I can mail an original and a copy with a SASE, they'll enter it and return the copy to me as a "conformed" copy. I then must get that copy (fax) to the Trustee (Trustee needs to know that she's looking at the same as what's been filed with the Clerk).

I've confirmed that a credit counselling agency that mailed me is indeed on the approved list, so I have to complete that and get the certificate, then bundle that with Form 23 and my other papers, and ship it to the Clerk next week.

I assume that if all is OK with the papers, I may not have to re-appear with the Trustee next month. In any case, the creditor deadline is the day before my continued hearing. If all is OK, I'd think the formalities will be resolved quickly, before Xmas!

Thanks again, and perhaps all this will be useful for someone else, too!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X