No announcement yet.

Trustee's motion for turnover of property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still waiting for them to come pick up my old furniture. I moved to California and it is all sitting in my pre-foreclosure home in Florida. I have asked my attorney, who is worthless, to find out when they are going to get it. It is one year since my 341 and 9 months since my discharge, but when they valued my furniture, they say it is worth 9000 and they want the furniture or the money. They demanded it, but have not come to get it.

Comment

They aren't coming to get it. Generally speaking, it's usually not worth it and the whole "money or we're coming to get it" is a bluff.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

What are my options? Do nothing?? My bk is still open per Pacer. They demanded several things from me, including money in the bank (that I tried to exempt and never heard from my attorney or the BK court if that happened), my car, my furniture, possessions and a plot of land in SC.

Comment

It depends on who "they" are. If it's the Trustee, then your attorney needs to deal with this. I can't remember all the details from your case, but you became an asset case, right?
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well, yesterday they evidently had the online sale liquidating everything. Supposedly one couple bought everything. I have no idea how much or how they found my stuff. Don't care. My mom said they are coming today with a truck to get the crap. Hope the trustee gets everything he wanted, like the $9000 he thought my stuff was worth. Now I just want them to close out my BK.

Comment

Does anyone know where to see online auctions for the Fort Myers, where they are posted, results, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                It depends on who "they" are. If it's the Trustee, then your attorney needs to deal with this. I can't remember all the details from your case, but you became an asset case, right?
                Evidently not, the trustee said they were gonna sell it all online 9-28-10 and that they did, finally, hopefully this mess will be over and done with.

Comment

beachymama, I have the same appraiser coming to my house next week and after reading your posts I'm not looking forward to it. Have they closed your case yet? I'm keeping the house and was hoping to put it up for sale once I/m discharged in Dec. Wonder if I'll have to wait till it's closed now. UGH!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X