"Deposits up to $7500"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Deposits up to $7500"

I am filing BK pro-se and have a couple of quick questions about exemptions.

(1) "Bank deposits to $7,500; cash for sold exempt
    property" Does this mean I can have up to $7,500 in my bank account? The word that has me confused it "deposits" instead of "balances"

(2) When listing your property then marking it exempt, do you list every single piece of property or do you list categories "cooking utensils, dishes, living room furniture" or would it be "12 refrigerator magnets, 23 forks, 23 spoons, 1 couch, 1 chair"?

Thanks in advance!

I think this is for Arizona or something, right? I posted in an old thread on this.

Most of the internet sites inconveniently leave off the relevant part of that exemption. It's up to $7,500 of the money that you received from the sale of an exempt item... such as your home. It's not to cover cash, such as wages or other sources.

As for your second question, you can group things in categories. I used "Miscellaneous Household Goods" for things like utensils, dishes, and furnishing. I used "Miscellaneous Electronics" for TVs, VCRs, DVD players, etc. I used "Miscellaneous Media" for DVDs, records, tapes, etc. And so forth...
    Last edited by justbroke; 04-29-2010, 08:02 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I think this is for Arizona or something, right? I posted in an old therad on this.

Most of the internet sites inconveniently leave off the relevant part of that exemption. It's up to $7,500 of the money that you received from the sale of an exempt item... such as your home. It's not to cover cash, such as wages or other sources.

As for your second question, you can group things in categories. I used "Miscellaneous Household Goods" for things like utensils, dishes, and furnishing. I used "Miscellaneous Electronics" for TVs, VCRs, DVD players, etc. I used "Miscellaneous Media" for DVDs, records, tapes, etc. And so forth...
      THANK YOU JUSTBROKE, I have seen quite a few of your other posts and I think you do incredible work to make people feel better about such a stressful situation.

It's Oregon Actually. I get my student financial aid three times a year & I am just trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with the money in my account that I need to live on for the next two months until I get more financial aid.

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoeak View Post
        It's Oregon Actually.
        I knew it had an "O" in it.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X