California Personal Property Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California Personal Property Exemption

The exemption says that any item up to $650 is exempted, so I can exempt all my personal items under this code as all my assets are worth under $650.

Are you filing by yourself? If so, you may want to go to the Pro Se clinics offered at some California bankruptcy courts. As for the exemption schemes in California, did you know that there are 2 Systems (System I and System II)? Did you know that if you don't have a home, it is probably better to use System II (System 2)?

While I can't tell you exactly which exemptions to use, you may want to look at System 2's generous wildcard exemption, if you do not have a home or are not trying to protect equity in a home.

If you are filing pro se, then I highly suggest that you also get a guidebook such as NoLo's guide to Chapter 7. If you have any personal property (or other assets), you really need to do this correctly so you don't lose property in the bankruptcy.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X