No announcement yet.

Sale date set for 01/05/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you're right. They can not contact you on an old debt, if I'm understanding you correctly and you owed them, but like I said, this is a post-petition debt and legally, I'm still responsible for it. I've been talking with my attorney and the association's attorney and this is my understandng. Believe me, it's not worth having a post BK judgement for $565.00. It's better if I pay it (prorated or not) and get it over with. Oh, and not that it matters now, but the dues are going up to $1000/yr. this May. I'm glad I got out. In fact, a lot of homes have gone up for sale recently, but when potential buyers get a look at that $1000 figure, they run for the hills. There are many homes that can not sell. And the new rules are if a homeowner doesn't pay the full amount by the end of May, without making payment arrangements, they'll have a lien placed on the property. Money Hungry b@#$ards.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Every hood has one of those gossip types in it. I have one next door to me. Thank good she is selling her house and moving.

Comment

Wow! You have a hardcore HOA!

What are doing for $1,000 from every home?? Putting in a zoo??
        Date Filed: 12/19/2004
        341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
        Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
        Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

Well, for starters, there is a 305 acre, private lake for boating, fishing and skiing. With the lake, there is a Marina (great for parties) with boat docks and 2 beaches. There are two swimming pools, tennis courts, volleyball court, pavillion, two huge playgrounds and a baseball field. Now the increase from $565 to $1000 is because the association wants to have a few streets dedicated and those will need upkeep. So you see, there is much that needs to be taken care of.

LOL.....a zoo wouldn't surprise me.
          Last edited by BassBoy; 09-20-2006, 07:35 AM.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

That's not $1k per month is it?

Comment

No. It's $1K per annum. That's friggin's nuts, isn't it?
              Bankruptcy History:
              Discharged - 02/16/2006
              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

Update

Got a letter form the attorneys' represeting the mortgage company.....I LMAO when I read it......house has been appraised at $153K (about $30K less then the average sales..when they did sell) and the house CAN NOT sell for 2/3 less than $153K at Sheriff's Sale. Holy Moses! 2/3 of $153K would be less than my very first mortgage balance 8.5 years ago (with whatever downpayment is required at time of auction...10%, right?)....LOL! Hmmm.....wonder if I could find an investor to buy and then I can buy it back. NAH! That money pit needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch (foundation showing signs of failure). Oh BTW, house to be sold AS-IS.
                Bankruptcy History:
                Discharged - 02/16/2006
                Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

This is not intended as legal advice. Please contact your lawyer for any legal questions you have.

Bass Boy, sorry about the foreclosure. But you have time to minimize the damage to your credit and well being.

You said your For Sale date is 1-5-07? You still have a few options. Seems like one you already know about, investors. There's a couple more you can do also.

Sounds like you just want to walk away from it. If you do it right, you can make walking away work for you.

Comment

I have already moved out of the house. It was included in my Ch.7 BK and was discharged. I let it go to foreclosure and I simply walked away.

Thanks for your reply though.

Oh BTW, I was being a little sarcastic about finding an investor to buy the place.

I don't really care about who buys it, or what other oprions there are, like a Short Sale. The lender turned their back on me when all was bad, so I'm a little bitter...they can suffer now.
                    Bankruptcy History:
                    Discharged - 02/16/2006
                    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

This is not intended as legal advice. Please contact your lawyer for any legal questions you have.

You're welcome.

I like your Mark Twain quote. Keep that one handy.

Comment

I like the Mark Twain quote as well. It's the thruth, isn't it?

Originally posted by ch13buyout View Post

You're welcome.

I like your Mark Twain quote. Keep that one handy.
                        Bankruptcy History:
                        Discharged - 02/16/2006
                        Case Closed - 11/08/2007

Comment

I'm with you on this BassBoy! Sure, there are plenty of options, some of which cost you money and some of which leave you open to liability. Why bother when the BK removed your responsibility to the debt.

And I'm right there with you on the Lender thing -- I spoke with them several hours trying to do a short sale, DIL or whatever. They said NO (I was still current), but the minute I stopped paying all of the sudden they had all these programs to help me.

Day late, dollar short folks!

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
                          I have already moved out of the house. It was included in my Ch.7 BK and was discharged. I let it go to foreclosure and I simply walked away.

Thanks for your reply though.

Oh BTW, I was being a little sarcastic about finding an investor to buy the place.

I don't really care about who buys it, or what other oprions there are, like a Short Sale. The lender turned their back on me when all was bad, so I'm a little bitter...they can suffer now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X