Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case management conference meeting

To all,

Received a case management conference meeting notification with judge and mortgage attorney (virtual). It states clients do not have to attend, do I have to be present virtually? I am going to be filing a chapter 13 in march/april to save home and pay arrears along with some debt. I will be in a 100% plan as well. I don’t even know where to begin to answer any questions as I basically just sent an answer to the foreclosure to buy time. Will I get subpoenaed or get into trouble for not attending? Thanks

I'm not familiar with Mortgage Mediation (MM) in foreclosure proceedings in NJ. There probably aren't many people on that with such an experience. The negotiations are technical and usually don't require the client. If the (foreclosure) court says you don't need to attend then you don't. My fear is that you are not represented and this may be saying that the attorneys, representing the lienholder and the client, are required to be on that call.

Bottom line is that if you are unrepresented or you are Pro Se (the attorney-of-record) you should probably should attend ... but I say that with the utmost caution. I say it with caution because you may not know what you are doing. I do not know what to tell you because you seem to be acting Pro Se.

I'm also concerned that you sent answers and may have admitted to things that could cause you other issues (e.g., expedite the foreclosure). I don't think anyone can help you here since this is related to a NJ foreclosure and you are in the superior court of NJ.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

1. Gthank you for responding

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X