to those whom surrendered houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to those whom surrendered houses

When you finally left the house, what condition did you leave it in??

The reason I am asking is because DH and I are having differences of opinions. He wants to leave our furniture (that we plan on replacing) in the house. I want to dispose of it.
    There are other things that we don't plan on taking - old crappy stove, some shelving units, a few dressers that are about to fall apart. Husband says to leave it all and let the mortgage company deal with disposing of it. Nothing he wants to leave is really worth anything.

Also, did you do any cleaning to it? What kind? Just a quick sweep of the floor and get rid of trash? Or did you leave small article of stuff behind? I'm not talking about deep cleaning (like wiping walls, bleaching out toilet, etc.) but more of a general cleaning?

Just curious as to what all is the "norm".

There probably is no norm.

I am leaving mine as I would if I were selling it to someone.

How long did you stay in yours from the time of the first unpaid payment?

Comment

1. Call charity to pick up.

2. Have a front lawn yard sale. or...

3. Put ads around for neighbors to come in free... roaming...

Comment

I would do whatever you can without incurring any additional cost to yourself! That would be my meter to go by. Calling charity if a great idea. You are not required to do anything if that is what you are asking, but it would be curteous to what you can within reason.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Don't waste your time

Originally posted by HeatherB View Post

The reason I am asking is because DH and I are having differences of opinions. He wants to leave our furniture (that we plan on replacing) in the house. I want to dispose of it.
          There are other things that we don't plan on taking - old crappy stove, some shelving units, a few dressers that are about to fall apart. Husband says to leave it all and let the mortgage company deal with disposing of it. Nothing he wants to leave is really worth anything.
          You can leave everything behind if you can not dispose of it. We left all kinds of junk (broken/unwanted furniture, half empty gallons of paint, busted up shelving unit and etc.). When the home sold at Sheriff Sale, it wasn't too long after and a crew had come in and started cleaning out the house.

Also, did you do any cleaning to it? What kind? Just a quick sweep of the floor and get rid of trash? Or did you leave small article of stuff behind? I'm not talking about deep cleaning (like wiping walls, bleaching out toilet, etc.) but more of a general cleaning?

Pfft! Don't bother doing any cleaning. We left the dust bunnies from behind the appliances (we took them for our new place), we didn't vacuum or sweep a darn thing. We got everything out of the house, locked it up and left for good.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

We JUST finished cleaning it out today. The renters stole ALL the appliances when they left in July and it's EMPTY in there. The garage is what we needed to sort through. We took what we wanted and just left the rest, let the mortgage company deal with it. They screwed us, so we're screwing back. ;)
            Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
            341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
            First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
            10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I'd take what you want and leave the rest. Not your issue. Finders keepers for whatever you leave, but definitely don't spend $$ cleaning or moving junk.
              Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
              341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
              US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
              Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

you are wasting your time even thinking about this...you are going to have a forecloser on your record... its not going to say foreclosed in clean condition or foreclosed in dirty condition...

take what you want, leave what you dont want, kick some dirt on the front door on your way out, its all the same...

you will not any get brownie points for doing a tidy clean job before you leave, and you wont even get a Thank-You

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X