what happens to second liens in short sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens to second liens in short sale

If you do a short sale on your home, what happens if there's multiple liens on the property?

Do you have to get a short sale approval from all lenders?
    NotFun
    Filed: 10/31/2007
    341: 12/05/2007
    Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Yes, you have to get approval from ALL lien holders in a short sale.

Reason being, you cannot pass clear title to the buyer unless all lien holders release their lien.

See this post

Comment

My house is also on short sale and my second lender wants me to sign a promissory note for 10k for them to approve the short sale. I am also planning to file for BK soon. My question is, if i file for BK, can i include the 10k that i signed with my second lender? Please advise, if I dont sign the note i am heading to foreclosure.
      I just joined in and so glad to find this site.

Comment

Originally posted by 31trick View Post
        My house is also on short sale and my second lender wants me to sign a promissory note for 10k for them to approve the short sale. I am also planning to file for BK soon. My question is, if i file for BK, can i include the 10k that i signed with my second lender? Please advise, if I dont sign the note i am heading to foreclosure.
        You are already planning on filing BK, so you would sign a personal guarantee for loan that you already want to include in a BK...if that is not the perfect definition of fraud, I don't know what else is?

Comment

if you are filing for BK then why bother with the whole short sale process anyway? Why not just stay in the house rent free through the foreclosure process (which will be slowed a little by the bk)?
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

i thought that too, am just so confused. Iam filing Bk due to my medical bills and I was hoping I can cut it down to a manageable amount. Am still doing my best to avoid filing BK but I guess I can't. Thanks for you input... thanks for this site.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              if you are filing for BK then why bother with the whole short sale process anyway? Why not just stay in the house rent free through the foreclosure process (which will be slowed a little by the bk)?

That's correct, but what if your not filing BK? I have a family member that might have to short sale, and a BK is way to much for them.
              NotFun
              Filed: 10/31/2007
              341: 12/05/2007
              Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

Originally posted by 31trick View Post
                Hey, 31trick, what is the amount of your second? Is it the 10,000, or did they offer to settle for less?
                11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
                01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
                03/12/2008 - Discharged
                03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X