hopenowalliance.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopenowalliance.org

Anyone heard of these guys? Spoke to them today from a flyer in the mail. Said non profit. Sounded like they knew what they were talking about. They will negotiate with the lenders on my home to get my payments fixed. All was great until they said they would need a $2900 "donation" if I am approved. Sounded fishy....anyone know of this? Called Homeownership Protection Education Alliance Inc.

Scam SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. Once your foreclosure and/or bankruptcy hits the public records, you will be flooded with scammail like this. Ignore it. Ignore it ALL.

Comment

I agree. Run away from the scam....run away from the scam.
      Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
      341 - 2/5/09
      Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

I found a website, I believe it is loansafe.org, which has a forum and a lot of information on doing loan mods, etc.

I don't own a home, but was looking for a friend who needs help. There are a lot of good phone numbers on there for lenders that get you to the right person ( a live person) in the loss mitigation dept and tips on getting the lenders to work with your for free.

Check it out, it might be worth your time.And it is free! Yay!

Comment

Run as fast as you can. They cannot do anymore than you could do with a little "free" research.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Consumer Advocate Clark Howard has talked about these types of pariahs—or is it piranha—on his talk show many times. They are the worst kind of ‘bottom-feeders’ that prey on hurting consumers and their debt-load. Run as far way from these kinds of things as fast as you can. Sadly, with the economy the way it is, more of these scams will pop up.

My best~~~
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              Sadly, with the economy the way it is, more of these scams will pop up.

My best~~~
              Yes! I am getting so much scam mail it's sickening. I got a VERY official-looking letter on how I can get a piece of the "stimulus" package if I only send in a "processing fee." The most disgusting and sad part is that some people will actually fall for this. The people who are the most vulnerable, the least educated, and have the most to lose will be the ones suckered in. How can these folks sleep at night?

Comment

Originally posted by wonkettegirl View Post
                The people who are the most vulnerable, the least educated, and have the most to lose will be the ones suckered in. How can these folks sleep at night?
                In one word: Sociopath. Sociopaths, also called Anti-social Personality Disorder, have no conscience.
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X