Foreclosure After Filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure After Filing

I filed for chptr 7 in Nov and at that time wanted to try and keep my house since I was up to date on payments. Now,4 months later, I am unable to make payments. When I go into foreclosure eventually, will it still be under the bankruptcy? Anyone know? Thanks!

Two questions first....is your Ch 7 discharged and closed? And did you sign a reaffirmation agreement for your mortgage and the lender signed as well and filed with the bk court?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

No it is not discharged or closed yet. I don't remember signing a reaffirmation. I would know if I signed something like that wouldn't I? I just remember signing the initial bk papers. Thanks for your help!

Comment

BW. log into PACER and see if your reaffirmation agreement is posted on there. You can download all of your documents. Heres a site I found showing how to use PACER and what to look for. The screen shots are kind of hard to see but you get the general idea. Hopefully you can still discharge. I wouldn't want to see you on the hook for your foreclosure just out of BK

Comment

Yes. It will be included in your chapter 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
            BW. log into PACER and see if your reaffirmation agreement is posted on there. You can download all of your documents. Heres a site I found showing how to use PACER and what to look for. The screen shots are kind of hard to see but you get the general idea. Hopefully you can still discharge. I wouldn't want to see you on the hook for your foreclosure just out of BK
            Thank you!! I went on PACER last night and scratched my head wondering how to use it! Thanks for your concern!

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
              Originally posted by TBW View Post
              Yes. It will be included in your chapter 7.
              For sure?? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by bwright View Post
                For sure?? Thanks!!

As long as you are positive you did not reaffirm.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X