When too file for bankruptcy in FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When too file for bankruptcy in FL

I have a few questions... Thanks so much in advance!

State: Florida

My situation: I have an 80/20 loan on my house and I am 4 months behind on my mortgage of my primary residence. I have just recieved the notice of acceleration. I had got the house after the divorce. woohoo I would like to note that I don't want this house and I would like to make this as quick as possible. I am moving into an apartment in about a month so I can move on with my life. I also have a full time job and I am starting up as a freelance photographer. So I also have a lot of credit card debt. So I was told to file for a bk because I am in the great state of Florida. I am worried about a def. judgement or a 1099.

1.) My first question is when would I file for chapter 7 bankruptcy? Should I wait too see if I will get a deficiency judgement against me? I know that a 1099 wouldn't be able to be in the bk. Thats just one more reason why I would like to proceed with the bk. How can I find out if I will be able to be in that forgiveness act with the 1099-c?

2.) Being a photographer I have a little money in a business account. Will this be taken with chapter 7 bk? {Perhaps I should note I am a solo proprietor} Is there anyway to protect that?

3.) I will be moving in to an apartment with my boyfriend. So he will have a lot of stuff there. How does that work when they come in and appraise the furniture and stuff to be liquified?

4.) Since I am leaving my property. Can I turn off all the electric and water? Do I need to pay my HOA fees? And what about my taxes? Am I responsible for the property still, say it burned to the ground?

5.) Do I call the mortgage company [countrywide] and let them know I am abandoning the property?

Omg thats a lot of questions: Im so thankful for any advice and information! Thanks so so much!!!

Much Love!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X