contine making payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contine making payments

Please accept my apologies if this have been answered in the past.

Brief history, I have been working on a modification since the beginning of this year. Initially I had to work with Countrywide which got me NOWHERE!!! The responses were always, "we never received the paperwork", or "the file must have been lost, you will have to re-submit all documentation", blah blah blah. . .

Then steps in Bank of America to take over Countrywide. I begin working with them after finding this site. I contacted [name deleted by moderator] and Naca to try to work out a modification. This entire time the home has been in foreclosure and they will only accept payments on my 2nd. After contacting [name deleted by moderator], I receive a call and email that they are working on my mod. . .yeah right!!!

Fast forward a few months and after working with NACA to submit my paperwork, I contact BofA again. I am being told to NOT make any payments on the 1st as it will cause problems with the modification numbers.

I must ask is this true, or is this a ploy by BofA to make sure that they get the house? If I begin making payments on the first again, will this truly screw up the modification?

Just yesterday I saw a couple drive by taking pictures of our house. Where can I get information on whether our home is due to be auctioned?
    Last edited by lrprn; 07-04-2009, 10:29 AM. Reason: deleted actual name from post

Most districts (here in Fl anyway) have the Clerk of Courts online. You can search your name and see what is filed and where you are in the process.

It takes a long time to foreclose now. The couple taking photos of your home are probably from the bank servicing your loan (in this case BOA/Countrywide). The servicer gets to charge a fee to the lender everytime they send someout out to drive by to see if the home is occupied and its general condition.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by techguy74 View Post
      Please accept my apologies if this have been answered in the past.

Brief history, I have been working on a modification since the beginning of this year. Initially I had to work with Countrywide which got me NOWHERE!!! The responses were always, "we never received the paperwork", or "the file must have been lost, you will have to re-submit all documentation", blah blah blah. . .

Then steps in Bank of America to take over Countrywide. I begin working with them after finding this site. I contacted [name deleted by moderator] and Naca to try to work out a modification. This entire time the home has been in foreclosure and they will only accept payments on my 2nd. After contacting [name deleted by moderator], I receive a call and email that they are working on my mod. . .yeah right!!!

Fast forward a few months and after working with NACA to submit my paperwork, I contact BofA again. I am being told to NOT make any payments on the 1st as it will cause problems with the modification numbers.

I must ask is this true, or is this a ploy by BofA to make sure that they get the house? If I begin making payments on the first again, will this truly screw up the modification?

Just yesterday I saw a couple drive by taking pictures of our house. Where can I get information on whether our home is due to be auctioned?
      Dont worry about the pictures it is probably the lender. If you go to foreclosure, or re-instate your mortgage you should see some small $100-$200 fees on there for proprty inspections. The will be listed if you request your re-instatement amount with all the fees detailed.
      When it comes to the auction, you will know. Do a little research on foreclosure timelines i your states. Some are very generous. I am in florida and stop paying in 4/08, they served me with foreclosure paperwork on 10/08. It is now 7/09 (13 months) and they do not even have my scheduled court date, then it takes another 90 days for the court to set the sale date. I am going to be real close to 2 years with no payments when everything is finished. The process can be quicker but all the lenders/lawyers and courts are backed up right now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X