Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure

Hi,

I was served in April, 2009 that I was being sued for nonpayment of mortgage. Lender is GMAC. Court date was set for 7/6/09. That date came and went and I didn't hear anything. The other day I checked the court cases online and it showed a new court date in October with a description of "Dismissal Calendar." I called the judge's office who is handling the case and was told that the attorney did not show up on 7/6 and it will be dismissed if nothing is done by the Oct. date.

Anyone know what happens then? How long do they have to sue?

Thanks in advance.

Foreclosure

I also had a home equity loan with GMAC that I haven't made a payment on in 9 months. I figured it would go along with the foreclosure. Yesterday I got a letter from GMAC by regular mail that my home equity loan has been sold to Specialized Loan Servicing, LLC and I should make future payments to them.

Why would they buy a loan that hasn't had a payment for 9 months???

Thanks,

jessl

Originally posted by jessl View Post
    Hi,

I was served in April, 2009 that I was being sued for nonpayment of mortgage. Lender is GMAC. Court date was set for 7/6/09. That date came and went and I didn't hear anything. The other day I checked the court cases online and it showed a new court date in October with a description of "Dismissal Calendar." I called the judge's office who is handling the case and was told that the attorney did not show up on 7/6 and it will be dismissed if nothing is done by the Oct. date.

Anyone know what happens then? How long do they have to sue?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I also had a home equity loan with GMAC that I haven't made a payment on in 9 months. I figured it would go along with the foreclosure. Yesterday I got a letter from GMAC by regular mail that my home equity loan has been sold to Specialized Loan Servicing, LLC and I should make future payments to them.

Thanks,

jessl
      I also have a first and second with GMAC, and have not been late on payments. I also received the mailing yesterday about the second being sold to Specialized Loan Servicing. I don't think it has to do with the account being current or not, but perhaps they needed to unload some debt??
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thanks,

jessl
        Because they probably bought the loan for pennies on the dollar. I am not sure what the value of your house is relative to the loan is but that would be my guess.
        Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

I stopped paying in Oct 08. Citi filed a Lis Pendens in February and I was served in March. Nothing happened. In July they were sent a notice to dismiss. Since nothing has been added to the file from what I can see online, I assume it was dismissed.

Now my Condo Association has filed to foreclose. I don't think they will stall but I'm not sure they are doing anything but wasting time and money. Won't they have to pay off my liens to get possession? I am way upside down.
          Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
          Filed 10/06/2009
          341 11/12/2009
          Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

We had a second loan with National City for 3 years and were never late. The same month we decided to file BK and not make the payment, we got a letter saying the loan was sold to Green Tree. Ended up having to file against Green Tree. I kind of feel bad for them. Bet they were sorry they made THAT purchase.
            Filed Non-Consumer Chapter 7: 07/31/2009
            341 Hearing: 09/03/2009
            Last Day for Creditor's Objections: 11/02/2009
            Discharged! 11/03/2009 CLOSED! 01/05/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X