Agreement to Vacate Premises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreement to Vacate Premises

We had our debt discharged in August and our house was put up in an auction and is now owned by Freddie Mac. When the house was put up for public auction at the end September, though, we were told at that time that we had to vacate our house in 6 days which we did. Now, though, we've gotten a letter from a lawyer who represents Freddie Mac who has said that we can either go through an eviction process or choose to vacate within 30 days and receive up to $4000. Cam I say to them that I want to choose that option and get the $ - I would have to go back and sweep up the house a little bit more and move a few personal items that I chose to leave, but am I missing something in this? Also, we had the electricity and the water turned off, so I'm afraid to see what the pool and the landscape looks like - will that impact the "readiness" of the house to be turned over?

It sounds like Freddie Mac is now having 'buyer's remorse'. My initial thought, was, "if they own it now, don't worry about it".

But on second thought, if FM is wanting to put you back into the home a little while, and pay you money for it, then go for it. Get the rest of your things, tidy up and winterize the place. Then you and the 'owner' should be on good terms, I hope.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

OK, disclaimer, I'm not your lawyer.

IF it were me, I'd pay the neighbor a bit of money and get an extension cord over for some lamps and TV. Sleeping bags and candles for sure. (makes for romance. LOL) Camp there and respond. Tidy up the place on the weekend for fun. Run a hose, (do not connect it to plumbing, illegal) and have a cold bath. (not good for romance.)

If you do occupy this, and you would, I see not fraud in this as you were invited. You made no advance towards them. 'Bammy money will soon run out. Freddie and Annie have caused much of this anyway. You are probably a victim of them. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I'd jump all over that. They are offering you "Cash for Keys". Many foreclosed homeowners wish for this.

Comment

"Who" told you to evict after the auction? If it's a rep from the buyer, they probably already know you vacated the house....all records for utilities indicate you already vacated the home (which is now not in your name either). The letter is probably a form letter that goes out after the auction is over to ensure people get out. Watch yourself on this one...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I'm being careful about this because it seems strange. The company who told us to evict at the end of September after the public auction was the admin company (Executive Trustee Services) who was handling the foreclosure for GMAC who was our lender. At that time, no one had bought the house yet, but ETS said that it automatically went back to GMAC and that we needed to get out regardless, which is what we did. Also, at that time, we were still living in the house and all of the utilities were in our name and are still in our name because we never notified the utilities to shut them off, although we're pretty sure they shut them off because we haven't paid the last month yet.

Comment

I would be careful about this, too.

Discharged from BK, still in the six month window, and someone is offering you 4k to leave a home you already abandoned.

I suspect, at the least, if the people paying the 4k got wind of it, and you took the money, you could risk having your case reopened. At the worst, you could end up with criminal charges.

I would tread very softly here, and do what is best for your future, not necessarily your pocketbook.
              11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
              12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
              3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
                I would be careful about this, too.

Discharged from BK, still in the six month window, and someone is offering you 4k to leave a home you already abandoned.

I suspect, at the least, if the people paying the 4k got wind of it, and you took the money, you could risk having your case reopened. At the worst, you could end up with criminal charges.

I would tread very softly here, and do what is best for your future, not necessarily your pocketbook.
                I rescind my above post. You are accurate, and it would not be worth any risk. Why risk your new start for money, then worry about it for months or years. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X