loan company wants keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loan company wants keys

I'm finally discharged in Oct 1, 09. I have given up the condo in the bk. My loan co is going out of business and they gave the condo loan to another co Ocwen.Every time I call these people are from India. I've mailed the discharge papers and faxed them. Today I call and they lady says you owe this much and why have you not paid. Any way I had to get rude.
    She sent me over to another dept and they said they are going to up date every thing. I asked about when they would forclose. She said they just wanted the keys back.Because it was vacant.That they would have some one call and come get the keys or something like that.They would change the locks and I would not be held accountable.I asked if I would get something in the mail saying this and she said yes in about 30 days or so. What do you all think of this? I told her I needed my name off the deed and proof of it and what about the electric bill??? I'm so tired of dealing with these people. A week earlier an american lady I spoke to said they would forclose and didn't know when or how long it would take.To just kep calling and then I get this today...about the keys. What do you think??
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

Are you still living in the condo?
    They still have to go thru the foreclosure process even if you surrendered the condo in the BK. Have they started the foreclosure yet?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I am not sure if it's different with a condo., but we have a house we surrendered in bk - we moved out a few weeks before the 341. We left the power on for a few weeks to get everything moved out, etc. Water and power have been off for weeks now -I would say you don't need to keep paying that. Our lawyers told us over and over once we're out not to pay for anything to do with the house. Anyway, I called the 1st mortgage bank last week and they said they would take it over, change the locks, etc. Everyone I talked to there (this is National City) said once they take it over, it is not our problem anymore...which is what I wanted to hear however they said we get nothing in writing about this.

I was also told they would bill 'us' for lawn maintenance, etc. but it goes as a lien on the property and since it's included in our bk, it's not really our problem.

My thinking is, if you can't get in because they changed the locks, they cannot possibly expect you to take care of anything inside.

Good luck, hope this helped a little.

Comment

No...I'm not living in the condo. They were telling me on the phone that they didn't need to forclose if they do this. Does this sound right??? Please help.....
        filed June 12,09
        341 July 20,09
        deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

No, they still have to foreclose to legally take back the home and get your name off the title. It is going to be a few months at least.

Comment

Did you have Taylor Bean and Whitaker before you were transferred to Ocwen. Just wondering because we did and were also transferred to Ocwen. This co is a joke. I get calls from them every day form different numbers even though my payments are current!!! Trying to call them back is a nightmare since you get stuck in the automated voice message system with no way out. I am in the waiting process to see if they approve my modification.

Comment

I'm not sure what paperwork was sent to, or is being sent to denise, but... this paperwork could be an actual deed-in-lieu of foreclosure thing. This would not require any foreclosure suit to be filed. It would save the lender a lot of money.

That's why I suggest that you ask them for "cash for keys".
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Apparently that company is a piece of work. Never heard of them so I looked them up. Just google "ocwen loan servicing complaints"...seems like they have quite a track record.

Won't do you any good right now, but it wouldn't hurt to file complaints with BBB etc.

(I got shipped to BoA when TBW got raided.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X