Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those with sw florida foreclosures

Hi,
    I am in St Pete and I also have a mortgage with Citi. My last payment was Oct 08. The lis pendens was filed by February but nothing had happened since that. I filed last month.
    Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
    Filed 10/06/2009
    341 11/12/2009
    Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

I also have a mortgage with Citi. My last payment was Oct 08. They filed a lis pendens in February, but nothing happened after I was served. I filed last month.
      Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
      Filed 10/06/2009
      341 11/12/2009
      Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

We are FL middle district.

Stopped paying Jan 09. Lis Pendens filed October 09.

We are not contesting it, as we have a place to go to if we must. Working on a mod at the same time. Both divisions are telling us the other is wrong. This is BoA, not Wells. The Foreclosure department says we are screwed, the Mod department says the Foreclosure department is wrong, and vice versa.

No telling what will happen.

We will file BK 7 in early December, so it is a roll of the dice either way.

Wells and other large lenders are as confused as the borrower is.

Just for ino, we will be at least 12 months of nonpayment before all is done. Ha we chosen to fight, I think we could have extended it to 2-3 years.

Good luck in your journey.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

A Long Time depending on the bank

It really depends on how fast your bank/mortgage company moves. We were with Countrywide, which was purchased by BoA.

We filed in Oct. 08, including surrendering the house. Our last payment was July '08. (We actually tried to speed up the process, but they didn't want to) We actually moved out of the home late march 2009, and mailed them the keys as we wanted to get on with our lives and get relocated.

They filed a Lis Pendens July 22, 2009 - Records show papers served 9/22/09, but as of now, still no court date has been set, let alone a sale date.

On the other hand, a friend of mine had a co-worker file in December '08. - Don't know how far she was behind in mortgage... but her foreclosure has already completed.

Yes, SW Florida is the middle district. Good Luck.
          Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
          2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
          Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

I have two homes in Charlotte County. One has had no payment since Dec 07 and nothing yet except Lis pendens in March 09. The home I live in, no payment since July 08 and nothing yet except lis pendens in March 09. Both have Indymac/One West mortgages.

The mortgage company asked and was granted a lift of stay recently during the BK so they can continue the foreclosures on the properties, but I have not seen anything yet.

I am still hoping that Indymac will work with me on the house I live in, but they have turned me down for HAMP two times.

Comment

The west palm beach (and treasure coast) is the district where I am and our lawyers had us sign something saying if we surrender our home in our ch.7, we had to be out within 2 months of file date...we were but I have not seen anyone else say something similar on here...sometimes I feel like we could have been sitting pretty rent free for all these months and this was a mistake, but we got a rental with no problem because we hadn't filed yet and our scores were still high. Anyone know anything about why the 2 month rule here?

Comment

debbie42-
                I'm in PSL and my neighbor filed and stated that he wanted to surrender and he was out of his house within a couple of months. Now, I don't know if he just wanted to go elsewhere in the city but I know his situation and he could really have used months and months of "free" rent so I assume there was a reason he needed to leave. I can only guess that it was that two month rule. I have heard of others saying the same thing for our area.

I, on the other hand, intended to stay and stated so when I filed, but things have changed and we have not paid for 2 months now and will let the bank have it when they "ask" for it back.

Seems to me that the only way to stay is if you originally intend to keep the home.

good luck
                Southern District of Florida
                Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
                Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
                DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

I know people who have surrendered, but stayed in the house for a year or more in the Southern District. Have never heard of leaving involuntarily just because of BK filing. They have to foreclose and take title, or sell and give title to buyer- until then, it is still in your name legally and you can stay.

It's interesting that your attorney would have you sign a deal to leave early, unless you got something in return. There must have been a reason. Most banks don't want the home sitting empty- too much opportunity for vandalism/theft.
                  All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by debbie42 View Post
                    The west palm beach (and treasure coast) is the district where I am and our lawyers had us sign something saying if we surrender our home in our ch.7, we had to be out within 2 months of file date...we were but I have not seen anyone else say something similar on here...sometimes I feel like we could have been sitting pretty rent free for all these months and this was a mistake, but we got a rental with no problem because we hadn't filed yet and our scores were still high. Anyone know anything about why the 2 month rule here?
                    I am in the WPB area too (Southern District of Fl) and there is no rule about moving within 2 months of surrendering. In fact, my attorney told me NOT to move until the final sale. There are some Trustees in the WPB office that will tell the debtor they have to move when surrendering the home and if your attorney does not fight it - then the Trustee wins.

I am stunned your attorney had you sign paperwork before the 341 agreeing to move within 60 days since the F/C's are taking a long time (closer to 2 yr average from the date of Lis Pendens). I have done some research and from what I can see, the attorney's that buy into this philosophy are from mill type offices where they send a standin to the 341 and they actual attorney does not show up.

Also, from what I have been seeing on the F/C side is that the more upside down you are the slower the F/C process. If you are in a HOA or Condo community the process is slower. If you have any amount of equity or your loan value is close to the current market value, then the F/C moves right along quickly. I have seen F/C's here where the Lis Pendens was filed in late 2005 or early 2006 and there is still no sale date! (Those are the exceptions, not the rule).

BTW, I'm still in my house. I was discharged Ch 7 in Jan 2009 and still do not have a F/C sale date.
                    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Actually...

I also received some paperwork when we filed, if surrendering your home you had a 60 day window to vacate the home. I think it was either 60 days after the 341. (Not sure if I still have it or not.) However our attorney said, stay as long as we could.

In our case in order to get on with our lives we left mar 31, '09 after filing in Oct. '08 & getting discharged in Jan. '09. (the last house payment was made July '08)

I JUST spoke to BOA, (our lender) and asked why the foreclosure has taken so long. Lis Pendens came in July '09... but nothing has happened since.

They thought because our BK case is still not closed (Due to trustee clerical stuff, etc.) they could not proceed with the foreclosure until they received some documents from the court. Not sure if that is actually the case... or just the courts are way backed up and very slow.

Anyway... I suggest staying as long as possible, if you are staying in that area and not relocating. No sense in spending mony for rent, etc. if not needed.

A friend just sent me pics of my old house... kinda depressing. Overgrown yard... pool heater, A/C system, and water system stolen. Horrible green and alge ridden pool/hot tub, etc. Luckily no one has actually broken in, or done any internal damage.
                      Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
                      2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
                      Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

An update on our foreclosure:

Nothing new to report, actually. We stopped paying a year ago, January 09, and the bank has not made a move toward foreclosure, other than the legally required acceleration notice and NOD in November.

No attempt to lift the stay in our BK case, either.

Wish they would get moving, but I suspect we are in for at least another year or so of waiting. We bought a new place a couple months ago, and are now living there, but still paying HOA fees. Taxes are due, but we are not paying them, of course. I wonder if the HOA would be stupid enough to try to foreclose if we stopped paying. Probably not. They would likely just rack up all sorts of extravagant legal fees and sue us. Not worth the hassle or money to risk finding out, I think.

Best,

-dmc
                        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I have a house that has not had a payment made since Nov 07, it has a 1st & 2nd on it, nothing except Lis Pendens filed on 1st in March 09.

The house I live in has not had a payment made since June 08, it has just a 1st mortgage and nothing except Lis Pendens filed in March 09.

Both houses have the same first mortgage holder and have turned me down for the HAMP loan modification programs.

Filed BK 7/09 and stays were lifted. I recently received a NOD on one of them notifying me of the delinquent amount due (the one without payment since 2007). Discharged 12/09, awaiting closing.

So I would not move out unless you have to move. Save $$ for it.

Comment

I stopped payment in June 09. Got the letter that it is sent to atty for foreclosure to start. I think I'm going to put it up for a short sale. I need to stretch this as long as I can because I am unemployed. I am so scared.

Comment

Justpoor,

What area are you located in? Also FLA middle? Short sale can be helpful if you are trying to buy time, but sometimes banks foreclose WHILE you are listed as a short sale. This is less frequent nowadays, and many houses are just sitting. For years, in some cases.

I know of a few people, locally, who have been in foreclosure for 3 years or more now. We are at a year on our old house. Banks in Florida are in no hurry, for many reasons, some obvious, some not.
                              3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X