No announcement yet.

Those with sw florida foreclosures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Deadman. I'm in Bradenton. I'm hoping no one buys it at a short sale. I'm not the best housekeeper anyway and have 4 dogs. The carpet is crap, the walls need painting and the roof leaks in the extra bedroom. It also tested inconclusive for chinese drywall and its in the subdivision with all the chinese drywall and built the same year. They said they would hold the foreclosure if I have it listed. Do you think this is the best route?

Comment

Talked to atty today and he said I would have 6-8 mos. He didn't think short sale was a way to go because someone might buy it. He told me to hire a foreclosure atty once summonsed. He said this atty would cost me about a $1k but would give the bank a run for their money and buy some time. Whatcha think? He said I might have another few months before the summons.

Comment

Originally posted by Justpoor View Post
        Talked to atty today and he said I would have 6-8 mos. He didn't think short sale was a way to go because someone might buy it. He told me to hire a foreclosure atty once summonsed. He said this atty would cost me about a $1k but would give the bank a run for their money and buy some time. Whatcha think? He said I might have another few months before the summons.
        Dear Justpoor,

I would not spend the money on a foreclosure atty for a few reasons... Listing the house as a Short Sale has no bearing on the fact that the bank is still not collecting a pymt. By listing the house as a Short Sale you have just saved the bank money because they do not have to pay the co-broke. When you sign a listing agreement you agreeing to be flexable and allowing the agent every opportunity to sell your house...what I mean is showing the house at anytime. Where does this buy you time? If you are in a neighborhood with chinese drywall you have already bought yourself time because most real estate agents make it their job to know the neighborhoods and builders with this problem. A lot of agents in the business do not even show short sales because they are a waste of time. Have you contacted your bank to see where you are at in the foreclosure process?

Best Regards,

Gunner01

Comment

Hi Gunner,

You tell me why not to list it as a short sale. I was counting on the agent not showing it and it not selling and then after the bank decided it wasn't going to short sell they would then start the foreclosure. But ok, I decided not to do that just in case it does sell.

So why don't you think I should hire a foreclosure attorney?

Comment

Originally posted by Justpoor View Post
            Hi Gunner,

You tell me why not to list it as a short sale. I was counting on the agent not showing it and it not selling and then after the bank decided it wasn't going to short sell they would then start the foreclosure. But ok, I decided not to do that just in case it does sell.

So why don't you think I should hire a foreclosure attorney?
            Hello Justpoor,

If your appointment with the real estate attorney is free then I would tell you attend and ask the following questions.

What services do you offer for the fee of $1,000?
            What other fees or additional billing hours might I expect in this process?

The only reason I say this is because you might be just paying for Attorney Leadhead. You mentioned you're unemployed which would allow you to spead more time on your own behalf; vs what an attorney is going to invest in your cause. No additonal money out of pocket for you!!

The banks have more foreclosures to process then they have employees to process them which will buy you time. Please visit this link, I think it will make you feel better.

gunner01

Comment

Gunner,

Not a real estate atty but a foreclosure atty. To fight the foreclosure. Not to sell the house. I will check out that site. thanks. It seem Wells Fargo is moving right on schedule though. Six mos without a payment and they are filing to foreclose.

Comment

I am in Palm Beach County. I got the Motion for Summary Judgement filing from the banks lawyer in October 09. I filed BK in November and the bank was able to lift the stay in December. However, they have not done anything since and no foreclosure hearing has been scheduled yet. I wonder how long foreclosure hearings are taking to be scheduled these days? I hope I have at least another 4 months before the house is auctioned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X