Timeline from Trustees Sale date???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline from Trustees Sale date???

I am in So Cal, and have a loan through Aurora Loan Services. I made my last payment in Jan'09 and filed ch7 in Feb '09, which was discharged June '09. (all went smoothly, yeah!)
    I received a Notice of Trustee Sale today (Nov.16) with a sale date of Dec 7 '09. I was wondering if any one with experience in Cali knows how much time I have to live in my house from the date of sale? And I have also read somewhere that sometimes the sale date can be postponed, how will I know if this happens? My hubby said he had read somewhere that you can ask that they produce the deed, and if they can't the sale can be held up. (not sure how any of that works) My loan was sold at least a half dozen times in the first 6 months of ownership. I am trying to get through the holidays, and I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to!

California has no redemption period, so the deed/title should be issued almost immediately by the purchaser at the Trustee Sale. You could wait until eviction and I'm unsure of the timeline for evictions in California (plus your local municipality may have rules on eviction), but you probably don't want to be actually evicted.

Yes, sale dates are postponed all the time. My rental unit is in a different State but my sale date has been postponed at least 4 times. (They haven't actually sold it in almost 24 months since last payment.) Of course, your mileage will vary.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X