Should I respond to Notice of Default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I respond to Notice of Default?

I'm at the end of a CH7 bankruptcy. I have yet to receive a Notice of Default. I stated in the bankruptcy that I do not intend on keeping the home. When I do receive the NOD can I still provide a written objection to it within the 30 days allowed to buy time or will the judge seeing that I am giving the house back just get irritated and my ploy and fine me or something?

Yes, what you said. If you're surrendering it in bankruptcy, why play games? I don't even recall if you can "answer" an NOD anyhow. The NOD is not the foreclosure lawsuit.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, other than to buy time. It's pretty likely that any foreclosure is going to take some time (if you're in a State that seems to be dragging them out, like Florida).

I would just say... enjoy the free rent for now. Have your plan ready. Go read and understand the foreclosure timeline for your State. You may have more time than you think. Especially since you haven't even received the NOD yet.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke - Thanks for the advice... Yes my goal is only to delay the foreclosure so I can stay in the house longer. I've got 4 months minimum by Maine law before sale date so I guess I'm all set.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X