No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://bobmassi.com , There must be a way to do it. He did indict you have to hire legal counsel to handle this for you.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
      I am not sure you even need to go, I guess you could say, I want this back in Banks name. But the process requires lots of stuff done behind the scenes to go thru. If the mortgage bank has summitted all the necessary documents, it will go thru if not it probably will not.
      Funny how things move a little quicker when you involve the Circuit Court Judge. New entries in my docket:

2/6/2013 FORECLOSURE - NOTICE SALE PROPOSED 2 View
      2/6/2013 FORECLOSURE - FINAL JUDGMENT PROPOSED 6 View
      2/6/2013 CERTIFICATE OF DISBURSEMENT - PROPOSED 2 View
      2/6/2013 NOTICE OF FIRM NAME CHANGE 2 View
      2/6/2013 FORECLOSURE - CERTIFICATE TITLE PROPOSED 3 View
      2/6/2013 FORECLOSURE - CERTIFICATE SALE PROPOSED 2 View
      1/24/2013 MOTION TO EXPEDIATE FORECLOSURE - DEFENDANT (RECEIVED FROM JUDGE'S OFFICE) 3 View
      1/24/2013 NOTICE OF HEARING 1 View
      8/15/2012 NOTICE - DESIGNATION OF EMAIL ADDRESS 2 View
      3/7/2012 NOTICE OF FILING - AFFIDAVIT AS TO AMOUNTS DUE AND OWING 14 View

The Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment was filed back in March 2012. Nothing changed until I sent the Motion to Expedite to the Judge...now it looks like the Plaintiff is back on board, and in a hurry I'm going to call the Judge's assistant to ask a procedural question or two, but it seems to me an Order for Final Judgment just needs to be entered at this point? Never a dull moment with this "fresh start"
      Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
      Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Tm
        Good idea, Maybe you do not have to go. It looks like it is headed for summary judgement and sale.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

In looking at Clay Co. Fl pending sales, it appears from LP to sale is approx. 14 months on average. There are LP's from back in 2007 in this upcoming sale though. Seems like they have gotten their chit together over the past few years.

Comment

I researched Polk county, I found lots of cases where it was 6mos from Lp to auction. But it depends on lots of different things that can slow it down. My neighbor has managed to drag her forclosure out from 2007 Lp out due for SJ , April2013 but she now has put it on market for shortsale.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Just cked courthouse, Hubby bkrpty filed stalled the forclosure proceeding, now we will see how long? His 341 is March 14, I wonder how long b4 they request a lift of stay and continue?
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Is anyone still paying the taxes and insurance while they wait until the foreclosure sale of property?

kmattin, are you paying HOA dues? I'm just curious id you are saving your mortgage, hel, insurance, taxes and HOA dues every month in the escrow account?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alo View Post
                  Is anyone still paying the taxes and insurance while they wait until the foreclosure sale of property?

kmattin, are you paying HOA dues? I'm just curious id you are saving your mortgage, hel, insurance, taxes and HOA dues every month in the escrow account?

Thanks.
                  HOA dues are paid yearly where I live. Dues were paid prior to forclosure. Insurance and taxes are included in our monthly escrow savings account.

Comment

Is anyone using an attorney to stay in their home and negotiate a modification (or just stretch out the process while they save)? If so, what are their fees?

Comment

Originally posted by alo View Post
                      Is anyone using an attorney to stay in their home and negotiate a modification (or just stretch out the process while they save)? If so, what are their fees?
                      We have an attorney.

In Florida, a judicial state, BOA filed a Form A. A Form A is a form that, if requested, the homeowner can mediate with BOA. Mediation must be requested along with an answer to the complaint. If mediation doesn't work out, we have instructed our attorney to drag this forclosure out as long as possible.

The average forclosure in Florida, a contested foreclosure, is running about 805 days. We want every day of those 805 days. We are saving our monthly mortgage amount in escrow. We have just received a letter from BOA that they assigning/selling the servicing rights to Northstar Mortgage. Don't have any idea what that is all about. Gave the letter to our attorney. We will let him figure that one out.

Our attorney fees were high at $2,500.00. He was kind enough to let us work out a payment plan. This attorney was the fifth one we spoke to. Small firm with more personal service. The big firms we spoke to were very impersonal and seemed uninterested.

Comment

We did contact a attorney office back in 2010, They basically told us we could hire them for 2500 to defend our forclosure after it started, we decided to save the money. We stop paying in May or june 2010. Just now getting to the nitty griddy with our forclosure. Our friend (his wife left him with 2 kids and he made very little money, ) he paid a attorney 250.00 a month to stall his forclosure and he ended up out of his house within 1 year in florida. So not sure why his got fast tracked. So the attorney did not help him much.
                        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Wow 48586 views of this forclosure thread, I hope that doesnt mean they are in forclosure in Florida.
                          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Yay! So the Motion to Expedite Foreclosure I filed seems to have worked. The hearing was today (I decided not to attend, since plaintiff had filed all the Final Judgment paperwork after I had filed my motion). Checking the docket:

2/27/2013 Court Event Set Event: Judicial Sales Date: 04/03/2013 Time: 9:00 am Judge: JUDICIAL SALES Location: 0 None
                            2/27/2013 FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORECLOSURE FILED AND RECORDED

Whew and FINALLY! Almost 3 years after my bankruptcy was discharged, this albatross will finally be off from around my neck. I saw in the condo newsletter that they've increased the monthly dues to $625. I'll finally be able to work on building up my savings once I don't have to pay that monthly assessment!
                            Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
                            Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Wonderful news....So glad our HOA fees are only 250 per year.
                              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Duval County: Court date 2/22, Sale date 4/4, moving to a new place 2 blocks from the beach for half the $$$$

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X