top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you leave your FC property? (cleanliness, contents?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE... I am not cleaning jack SH&T. Leaving boxes behind....taking whatever I need. I'd rather forego the cash for keys...Because if I need to pay a mover to haul MORE stuff just to get CFK, then it's not worth it. $1500 won't get you far today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Contacted Lawyer October 2009~Filled out Chapter 7 Petition January 2010 ~Credit Counseling Jan 2010
    Have yet to file Chapter 7

Comment

I am surprised nobody poured a few bags of cement down each toilet.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I'm still in my house, but planning to leave it like I would leave a rental--broom clean.

Comment

Can we do this? We're contemplating moving into OUR rental property and foreclosing on our house. Can we swap out light fixtures and stuff like that without any issues? We've got some REALLY nice light fixtures in this house, ceiling fans etc that I want. They weren't paid for by the mortgage - we put them in ourselves, and I'd like to keep them? Can we swap them out with the cheaper ones that are in the rental property? They will obviously look like they don't belong in this house - but whose to say I didn't just have bad taste?

We've also got some additional cabinetry in the garage and the laundry room that we put up ourselves and would like to take with us as well. Are we going to get in trouble for doing this?

Refrigerator?
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
            Can we do this? We're contemplating moving into OUR rental property and foreclosing on our house. Can we swap out light fixtures and stuff like that without any issues? We've got some REALLY nice light fixtures in this house, ceiling fans etc that I want. They weren't paid for by the mortgage - we put them in ourselves, and I'd like to keep them? Can we swap them out with the cheaper ones that are in the rental property? They will obviously look like they don't belong in this house - but whose to say I didn't just have bad taste?

We've also got some additional cabinetry in the garage and the laundry room that we put up ourselves and would like to take with us as well. Are we going to get in trouble for doing this?

Refrigerator?
            Yes, you can.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
              Yes, you can.

Thanks!! Good to know!
              04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

We've been in our home for 15+ years, so you can imagine the stuff we have accumulated. My husband is a pack rat (won't admit it...LOL) and we have car parts, metal, wood, etc., pile up in the backyard. There is no way we can move all of this stuff out of the yard in time. I plan to leave the house broom clean (if time doesn't run out). I am looking for a rental and having a bit of a problem. Some people want perfect credit, which is crazy right now. All of those people are buying houses if they can. My husband is worried about what people will think, and I just told him we'll do the best we can. I don't plan on moving back to this neighborhood anyways.
                Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  I will add this to 'Hub's advice: having something like the front page of the current newspaper in the photos when you take them. This gives a date and time stamp to the photos that is difficult to dispute.

wow, this is really good advice ...I never would have thought of that. The pictures give you some cover if there is destruction after you leave and the lender tries to claim it was by you. Thanks.

Comment

Sold everything from our rental....even the dishwasher. Gave away what we didn't sell. Could have taken whatever we wanted, garage door opener etc. but we didn't. We even vacuumed before we left.
                    Ch. 7 Discharged 3-15-10

Comment

Originally posted by CashMoney View Post
                      Sold everything from our rental....even the dishwasher. Gave away what we didn't sell. Could have taken whatever we wanted, garage door opener etc. but we didn't. We even vacuumed before we left.
                      Phfft...when we moved out of our duplex in to our current house, we cleaned all the windows, washed the screens, wiped down the walls, spent $100+ on a carpet cleaner, had never even hung a single picture in 6 years and I even used left over paint in the apartment to cover a few scuffs on the walls. The place probably looked the best it had since it was new. The landlords only response was, "Well, the inside of the oven was nasty...damn nasty." The only thing that probably ever got cooked in that oven was frozen pizza and chocolate chip cookies. The tub was supposedly leaking under the house and between that and the oven, the landlord decided to keep our $500 deposit. I ate that one. Never again...never again!

Comment

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
                        Phfft...when we moved out of our duplex in to our current house, we cleaned all the windows, washed the screens, wiped down the walls, spent $100+ on a carpet cleaner, had never even hung a single picture in 6 years and I even used left over paint in the apartment to cover a few scuffs on the walls. The place probably looked the best it had since it was new.
                        When I sold my Orlando house in 2005, the Realtor couldn't believe what he saw. Only one bedroom really used (master), and everything else was as new as it was when it was built in 2003. Not one thing nailed on the walls. Not a scratch on the walls. Everything was pristine.

It's probably why I had my first offer (at asking price) in 7 hours from listing, and my second and accepted offer within 20 hours of listing. The second one was $40K over listing.

However, that was in a situation where I was selling the place, and I had moved out already to another investment property that I owned (the one I live in now).
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Heh, My friend had the Finance company and HOA jack them around and tripple there payment. After alot of fighting they just stopped paying and are handing the keys over next week. They are content to move into a rental and the mortgage lender can't really do anything to them because 100% of there income is exempt.

Well, They told me I could have anything I wanted. I went in and Completely gutted both bathrooms of the cabinets and sinks (Left the Tub and Toilet.), Gutted the kitchen to bare walls (Lots of handmade custom cabinets.), Took all the appliances (Very nice stuff), Dug up several Nice fruit trees out of there 5 acre yard, And dismantled and took a very large deck in the backyard, It will all save me a fortune on the remodel of my house.

And as far as we know it really changes nothing between them and the bank. To be fair, we did leave the carpets and walls in good shape, Capped all the plumbing We didn't tare the place up, Just took everything including the kitchen sink

Also to be fair, everything we took, Our friends payed out of there own pocket to put in after they bought the house.
                          Last edited by etechjc; 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM.
                          Chapter 7
                          Filed, 12/21/2010
                          Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X