Foreclosure in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure in NY

So I have not paid on my mortage in one year and 4 months. i included the house in abankruptcy which finalized in January of 2009. I was served with papers which said the house was going to be forclosed on in July 2009 and received information in fedex as well which stated that the forclosure procedure was starting in january 2010. Is there anyway I can check on the status of the forclosure to see what is going on and how long it will take? I dont really care since the house was included in the bankruptcy, but to me the house actually forclosing represents a closure to me.

Have you contacted the mortgage lender yet to ask what they have documented on their records? If not, that's a good place to start.

Just curious....are you still living in the house?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I think im going to do that, no havent lived there in a year and a half

Comment

Originally posted by ndawg27 View Post
        So I have not paid on my mortage in one year and 4 months. i included the house in abankruptcy which finalized in January of 2009. I was served with papers which said the house was going to be forclosed on in July 2009 and received information in fedex as well which stated that the forclosure procedure was starting in january 2010. Is there anyway I can check on the status of the forclosure to see what is going on and how long it will take? I dont really care since the house was included in the bankruptcy, but to me the house actually forclosing represents a closure to me.
        You can also contact the law firm hired by the servicer or bank. Since they're the ones doing the foreclosure. Most of these firms have no problem talking to you and will let you know the status.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X