Sometimes you've just gotta laugh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes you've just gotta laugh....

Okay... so we are four months behind on our mortgage and I have been anticipating getting "something" from the bank any day now (our state is pretty quick compared to others with foreclosures).

Anyway, I was in our basement and was at 30 minutes on working out on my ellyptical machine (hey...getting in shape and trying to loose a few pounds right now seems like the only thing I have control over these days) when my doorbell rang. At first, I didnt want to quit my workout to go answer it and as I pondered about going up to answer the door, I thought about recent burglaries in our area. I thought I'd better check out who was at the door so I ran upstairs and peaked out my window that had the blinds pulled shut. Lo and behold, a big truck was pulling out of my drive way that had a light on top it. Uh...aw oh...that truck looks like what our country Sheriff drives. All of a sudden it dawned on me that I was being served some legal paperwork wrt the foreclosure. Oh my goodness...my heart started beating so fast, I started thinking "am I REALLY ready for this to begin?" Should I call the Sheriff's Office to see if I should go down there? I also thought that I was such a failure with letting my house go, etc., etc. I was really beating myself up about it.

Anyway, I took a shower and headed out of the house to run a few errands. Just down a couple of roads was lights from the truck I saw, four or five other vehicles on the side of the road, and traffic was being directed around them. As I got closer, I found out that all that was happening was that a neighbor was having their driveway repaved and all this commotion was for them.

Apparently, the truck that came to my house wanted to find out if I wanted to get my driveway paved too. Oh my...what a day! Just goes to show how nervous I am for the uncertainty of our pending foreclosure but I just have to try to find the humor in all of this.

Hope this makes a few of you smile!
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Thats a good one ---- paving trucks that look like sheriffs police.. There's going to be a lot of days like this, so it pays to laugh about it!! lol

Comment

Yes, that is too funny.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wait till you get really served with your NOD by the sheriff.

Comment

That is funny.

I do remember when I was defaulting on my car loan I was so nervous everytime I daw a tow truck. Then when I was served paperwork a year later I was not prepared for that one. Especially when a sheriff shows up to your work. Kinda had to explain that one to my director.
          Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
          341 meeting on 5/28/2010
          Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

Okay...I will be in a real pickle if the sheriff shows up at my job...probably will wet my pants or something...still trying to find the humor in all of this!

Comment

Employer1234...congrats on the discharge!

Comment

Thanks Billssuck!
                Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
                341 meeting on 5/28/2010
                Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X