Stalling Tactics to Stay in House as Long as Possible - California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalling Tactics to Stay in House as Long as Possible - California

I posted this thread in the Chapter 7 forum as well, but am hoping I will get more information in this forum...

I live in California. I am a month away from my chapter 7 discharge (expecting mid-november) at which point my mortgage company will resume my foreclosure process. The trustee company sent me a NOD back in April 2009, but then I went through two 6 month loan mods with them after receiving the notice. I didn't make my final payment of my 2nd loan mod and then filed BK.

What tactics can I use to stay in my house as long as possible? e.g. filing any responses to mortgage company documents, should I fill out and send in the mortgage modification documentation they sent me during the BK process? Any other ideas on how to stay in the house as long as possible?

Also, what are the typical timetables to look out for so I know exactly how long until I am forced to leave? What documents should I expect in the timeline from the mortgage company?

Thank you.

It's very difficult to defend or stall a Trustee Sale if you have a Deed of Trust and not a Mortgage. That means that you'll probably have a non-judicial foreclosure, and those are difficult to stop. You can sometimes delay them by showing up at the Clerk's hearing and simply asking for more time!

Timetables? It's anyone's guess these days.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X