top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please share your experience with B of A timing in CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please share your experience with B of A timing in CA.

We filed Ch 7 July 23rd and just our discharge notice November 8th. We stopped paying our mortgage beginning with the August payment.

We are not upside-down with just the first but we are with the twomortgages. In addition there are so many things wrong that would cost so much and we cannot afford what needs to happen with this house. We have been banking up our savings since stopping the mortgage payment and would like to do that for as long as possible. However, we have 3 children, 1 in school and don't want a last minute deal.

As I understand it, I will get a NOD first and from that date should have at least 120 days?

I just have a feeling BofA will not waste time, we are in a nice neighborhood, affordable price point for many and BofA would probably get, most if not all of their money.

Any thoughts or advice are welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not in CA but I have BOA for my first and my HELOC. I realized it was a waste to put any more money into our house since we can not afford it and stopped making any payments as of May 2010 (7 months) and I have heard NOTHING! I'm in an active ch13 and they have to get a relief from our automatic stay first before contacting me but they haven't even done that yet. So...with all the things going on with the Country Wide transfer of our loan to BOA in the past and the foreclosure problems, I have no idea how much longer this whole process will take. Basically what I'm saying is that you could be in your house much longer too...
    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
    Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

I recently posted the CA process and timelines, and turned it into a blog entry as well within the forum. Here is the link.

http://www.bkforum.com/entry.php?401...es-(California)
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X