Lis Pendens since 10/13.. now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lis Pendens since 10/13.. now what?

Got the paperwork served to us and there was a court date early November which we did not go to.
    Have not heard boo since, and when I check our areas court records system, it doesn't even say if we were judged against or anything. The last entry was 10/15 and it says Lis Pendens.
    Just curious as to what happens now?
    We are in Wisconsin and we have a 6 month buy back period before they set the sheriff sale date..
    I told hubby he should call BoA to see what is going on,, but he says if we are buried at the bottom of a pile why bring it up.. just keep living and saving until they move on it.

ANy thoughts??
    Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
    Report of no distribution 1/21/10
    Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

The short version of Lis Pendens simply means that the process of foreclosure has started and that you are somewhere in that process.

And...... I agree. if you are buried in the pile, don't poke your head up.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and if anyone has had this experience with BoA or Wisconsin.. looking forward to hearing from you too!
      Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
      Report of no distribution 1/21/10
      Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

Comment

We're in the same boat! From Wisconsin but we have GMAC..lis pendens since 10/27/10, got served in early November. I am very confused as to what to do at this point. I looked on the circuit courts website and found a court date for Jan 20th, 2011. Other than that, we haven't gotten anything in mail...called attorney (filed for chp 7, discharged a few weeks ago) and he suggested we start packing and find a new place to live. He said the court date is most likely a hearing to set the sale date, but some banks just decide to take the house back - so possibly that court date could be to transfer titles. I'm hoping to live rent free for a long as possible so hopefully, its just to set the sale date. The lawyer will be sending me a letter to send to the mortgage company and then I will call and try to figure out when they plan to transfer titles. Hoping we still have a few months, moving in winter SUCKS! Sorry I couldn't help too much, just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone!!

Comment

we have been in Lis Pendens...it's pending "formally" whatever that is suppose to mean nowadays......LOL!!! for almost 3 years now....we are figuring it will most likely be another 20 years or so before it's ever done.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Are you still living there?? Did you ever have a court date set? 3 years would be NIIIICE!!!! But at the same time, frustrating...just want to move on!

Comment

no, we are not living there. we vacated after the first summons was rec'd. we had a 30 day response notice or vacate...we surprised them and left....our atty told us to lock it and leave it...(after 33 years). we had been working on a dead end loan mod for almost a year at the point that the bank decided to serve us with the summons before even finishing the loan mod...of course.

but actually, we think at this point there are a few things that might be going on....our mortgage was refin'd during that "blackhole" period...we think that chase purchased our mortgage from the broker and sold it without all the docs...so they can't proceed........because we were an FHA with PMI...so it makes no sense for chase NOT to foreclose...it's the ONLY way the FHA will pay them for our "insured" mortgage amount and or their (chase's) loss...unreal, but true..........ORRRRRRR.....the black mold....the septic,...leech fields....blown.... the roof...the cracked foundation...the flooding etc....maybe they can't sell it...??? you think? LOL!!!!

our house...vacated almost 3 years ago...it's not even up for sale...

so no, we are not there..it's all theirs...and may the force be with them......
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X