Can a foreclosure ever be reversed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a foreclosure ever be reversed?

The bank just foreclosed on my home and I'd like to know if there is any possibility of having the foreclosure reversed? Does this kind of thing happen? I have reasons for attempting something like this, but mostly I want to know if it's even plausible, and if so, how? Has anyone here been able to reverse a foreclosure that had already completed and ended up with their house back?

Thanks!

we lost our home here in Nevada, but up until the auction that was postponed twice by the bank, we were given the chance to catch up on all missed payments numerous times to stop the foreclosure process.(bank wanted at least 20k) So yes, i think it is possible, but I would , perhaps talk to a real estate attorney in your state...get facts.

Comment

Foreclosures can be voided if there was a legal issue with the actual foreclosure. This doesn't happen that often. However, in Washington State, if you had a judicial foreclosure -- done by a court and not just a Trustee exercising the right to a power of sale in the Deed of Trust -- then there is a Redemption period in which you can redeem the property. Technically, a Chapter 13 could be used to redeem the property and revert the foreclosure. You also asked this in another thread here.

What are you trying to do? Is it even worth it?

In another thread, you were worried that someone "broke in" to an abandoned property (a condo)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

There is a fellow I know in OK that just got his FC Summary Judgment reversed as I understand it.

Its worth reading to see the reason he got it reversed. BTW, he's a very sharp pro se defendant (like JustBroke!)

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
          Its worth reading to see the reason he got it reversed. BTW, he's a very sharp pro se defendant (like JustBroke!)
          Many times it due to lack of standing (locus standi). Generally speaking, that's the only way to actually void a foreclosure and the foreclosure sale. (You'd need to prove fraud or that the foreclosing creditor had no right to foreclose.)
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X