top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If my primary residence is foreclosed on, can they also take my other properties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, and this is only a personal thought here and in no way advice, but yeah, if you have a HELOC, that company has a vested interest in your condo. Unless it was seized for taxes, (and even then, I have no idea what they could do) it is all just strange. Sorry you are going through this.
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
      Honestly, and this is only a personal thought here and in no way advice, but yeah, if you have a HELOC, that company has a vested interest in your condo. Unless it was seized for taxes, (and even then, I have no idea what they could do) it is all just strange. Sorry you are going through this.
      yes, i agree tyson...but one would think some type of notice would have been sent.....

are you up to date on your 2nd?????
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

slandsharkk, was the HELOC with the same company that had your other loan that was foreclosed? I'm wondering if perhaps there was a mix-up on properties by either the mortgage company or the investment group that seems to think they bought it. I did have a rental property in California that was foreclosed and I never received any notice regarding the sale. Since I was not occupying the property I assumed that the notices were posted on the house 1000 miles away. My only indication came when I checked county property records and saw that the sale had been recorded. Since I was losing over $400 a month on that place I didn't fight it.

Good luck.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I would also fax a copy of the property records showing you are still owner of title to the real estate agent, noting that you are, in fact, still the owner of this property, you are on the deed.

Are you behind on property taxes?

There should be a record of a sale if the county sold it for taxes. Have you called the holder of the HELOC to see if they know anything?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X