top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ch7 Discharged. House Included, No Foreclosure ... Property Taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(see also my post in Chapter 7 forum)

Our Ch7 was discharged in December 2009. Our primary residence was included in the bankruptcy (Bank of America) and we chose to not reaffirm. As of this month, the mortgage is now 24 months in arrears. Bank of America has not filed Notice of Default. So far, BofA is not interested in Deed In Lieu. We vacated the property on December 31, 2010 and advised the lender in writing (in multiple letters to multiple departments, all delivery confirmation).

We thought about pursuing a short sale in order to remove our names from the property (for liability reasons) but were advised that participation in their Cooperative Short Sale Program MAY constitute an attempt to reaffirm (?).

Bank of America has been paying the property tax after Bk discharge. Are we going to be responsible to BofA for the property taxes they paid since we are still on the Deed?
    CH 7: Discharged December 28, 2009
    "Why should I clutter my mind with general information when I have men around me who can supply any knowledge I need?" - Henry Ford

No....your in the clear....they pay the taxes to keep priority liens off their interest in the house.

Comment

Does this mean you cannot buy a new home after the 2 year bankruptcy waiting period? I'm so confused with this...

Comment

Not sure what the 2 year bankruptcy waiting period is...but as far as i know, you can't buy a new home until 3 years AFTER the deed gets transferred out of your name, so if you haven't gotten the NOD yet, you have quite a long time before you'll be buying again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X