top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not reaffirming 1st or 2nd --- Chance of foreclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not reaffirming 1st or 2nd --- Chance of foreclosure?

We are in the 60 day club and we are not reaffirming our 1st or 2nd mortgages. Both are through Citibank. Second is a HELOC.

House worth about $320,000
    1st Mortgage - $270,000
    2nd Mortgage - $65,000

I'd like to keep paying and stay for maybe 4 years. I don't think they'll try to foreclose, but I'm not sure.

If they don't, and my value and equity improve (say 4 years from now), will I be able to sell and retain any equity? Some houses in my sub actually went up in value this year so I'm hoping this is the bottom.

Also, is there much chance that Citi would be willing to mod after discharge or would I need to quit paying?

Thanks.
    Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
    Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Are you intent on keeping current on both mortgages, or just the first?
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

If you pay both mortgages the lender is not going to care about a reaffirmation agreement and, yes, if you sell the property and there is $$ available after payment of the liens, commissions and closing costs. . . its yours.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
        Are you intent on keeping current on both mortgages, or just the first?
        I figured that I'd have to pay both payments since there would be enough equity left, after paying off the first, to possibly make it worth the second to foreclose. As I stated, they're both from the same bank so I'm not sure how that would impact it.
        Stopped charging 6-1-10 - Filed 1-25-11 - 341 2-24-11 - Discharged 4-26-11 - Closed 4-29-11
        Any opinion I give is strictly that! I am not a lawyer.

Comment

As long as you're paying both, no one will bother you but...I wouldn't bank on getting a mod of any kind as long as you're current...something of a double-edged sword one might say...

Good luck.
          No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X