In forclosure dont know what to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In forclosure dont know what to do.

Chapter 7 discharged in 2009 with mortgage discharged but was close to current at that time 3-4 months behind. Had income isssues through discharge and things where getting better in mid 2010 but was still 4-6 months behind. In november mortgage company sent my checks back to me stating would not accept payments must pay all arrears plus fees and charges. They said to try Hamp so after 4 months of that finally got a no for income and now they are looking at in house mods. Is this the game they play and just pushing taking my home till summer or do I still have a chance at keeping the house.

Originally posted by busted9876 View Post
    Chapter 7 discharged in 2009 with mortgage discharged but was close to current at that time 3-4 months behind. Had income isssues through discharge and things where getting better in mid 2010 but was still 4-6 months behind. In november mortgage company sent my checks back to me stating would not accept payments must pay all arrears plus fees and charges. They said to try Hamp so after 4 months of that finally got a no for income and now they are looking at in house mods. Is this the game they play and just pushing taking my home till summer or do I still have a chance at keeping the house.
    Busted,
    If you can't afford the home, then eventually its going to catch up with you.

Now that the 7 has discharged it all (I am assuming your home is in the BK), then just live rent free until they take it.

I am assuming you have no equity?

Sorry to hear about your situation, but the earlier you face the reality of the situation, the better off you will be.

Good luck.

Comment

You could file a Chapter 13 (you will not get a discharge because you have already received one through the 7) but you must be able to afford to resume the regular monthly mortgage payment and, on top of that, cure the arrears over the life of the Plan. If you cannot afford to do so you simply cannot afford the home and need to move on.

The lender is not playing games. Please do not blame the lender for your past inability to make the payments you agreed to make when you took the lender's money. The lender does not have to work with you and if the lender wants its property back because you have breached the contract, so be it. Stop placing the blame on any one thing and face reality. Circumstances beyond your control caused the problem, not the lender, and helping you fix the problem is not in the contract you signed.

Des.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Not really blaming the mortgage company just cant seem to get any answers from them. Every question I asked is answered with check back next week then dead silence. Just cant get them to tell me anything I can do.
        At this point I can afford the monthly and a little extra just cant come up with the arrears.
        Would It be smart to keep sending them payments and have them return them to me or any other ideas.

Comment

It does not sound like you will work it out with the the lender...
          They do often run people around terribly, but at the end of the day
          you still have to meet their income/expense ratios, or they will proceed with FC.

They may be looking for a lump sum from you to not FC.

Comment

Just contact the mortgage company and make an arragement for the arrears.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X