We got the NOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got the NOD

Just for anyone who is interested, we received a NOD taped to our garage door on May 18th (dated for the 18th). There was a regular letter addressed to each of us in the mailbox and a slip from the Post Office to pick up 2 certified letters.

*We live in Washington state near Vancouver, WA (just over the
    Columbia River from Portland, Oregon).
    *Our only mortgage is with Chase, who so kindly declined to help us (because we were current) when we faced a financial crisis thus precipitating our need to file BK.
    *Our bankruptcy was discharged on 03/17/2011.
    *Chase never tried to lift the stay.
    *Chase sent an acceleration warning in November (1 month before we filed) and another 2 weeks after our discharge along with the "It's not too late - let us help you save your home" spiel.
    *No other contact until the NOD.

Washington state has some pretty finite time-lines about what will happen and when. We know that the earliest they can have the foreclosure sale is 120 days from May 18th putting our need to move some time around September 23rd - since foreclosure sales can only be held on Fridays in Washington state.

It is a relief in a way to know a somewhat finite time line now.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

i know this must be somewhat bittersweet, with the fact you are leaving your home, but it's finally going to be over. it just amazes me how Chase works in the some of these states like CA and Washington and in nj it's been over 3 years and no NOD, NO NOTHING. and as you, they wouldn't help us worth a darn. even after over 30 years going to them to work with us not a thing..nada.

i know you find a BETTER place and BE happy while staring your new fresh and clean slate life!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X