mortgage company sent me bill for insurance binder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage company sent me bill for insurance binder

We were discharged on 5/5. Home is in foreclosure, was scheduled to be sold on 5/16. We moved out on 4/30 and when we applied for renter's insurance, agent notified us that they had to cancel insurance on the house b/c it would be vacant and advised that the insurance company would cover it under their umbrella policy. Fine.

Mortgage company (WF) moved the auction from 5/16 to 6/20. I get a bill in the mail today for a 90 day insurance binder (through the insurance division also owned by WF) since I've left the insurance lapse on my home (ironically, it also included a generic flyer advertising how important I am and how much they wanted to help me refinance and keep my home). The bill is for almost $200. Am I obligated to pay this? Is this a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing (whoever watches insurance not realizing/caring/knowing that we filed bk and the house is about to be auctioned)? Any advice?

if you included the house in the bk and listed and surrendered the house...the bank is SOL...and if they continue to bill you, i would advise them you are going to file a complaint with the FTC and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. and, while your at it i would call the atty who handled your account, since the bank is NOT allowed to attempt a debt that has been discharged and that insurance for the house is the banks problem not yours. i know when we vacated our house...the house immediately went under an umbrella insurance policy that the bank held, since the bank now had the house.

I would give them a friendly reminder call, and tell them if they ever contact you again, you will file the complaint and ask for damages. (that's what i would do). someone else may chime in with other advise and hope they do so you have a few choices.

best of luck! and, although, i know it's hard, try not to worry about it.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X