Information needed about post bk and ride thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information needed about post bk and ride thru

Ok....here we go........My husband filed bk7 and was closed in march 2011..........
    currently we are doing a RIDE THRU with Bank of America........Our hope is to stop paying and save up to move out.

Does anyone know the timeframe for this.....Bank of America......how long can it take to be I guess foreclosed when you are doing a "ride thru"? Is this all similar to a true froeclosure? or is it faster for a "ride thru"?

we live in cleveland ohio in the inner city and our street alone has 5 empty homes..... thanks for any info

The states where it goes through the courts will take 12-18 months IF it moves on the quick end......from what I've heard from a few attorneys. We are in Illinois and did a Ch7, could not do a ride thru but did not reaffirm the mortgage so basically we are in a similar scenario. Our attorney said it would be around the 24 month mark. County by county varies......do some research. SHOW UP at the court to buy more time!

Comment

ohio is indeed a Judicial state. which means it must go through the court systems.

you can to stall further answer the summons and go to court and usually the judge, (or in many cases extends the time) i know many that stayed well over 2 years in judicial states. but, another way to see how quickly they are going in your general area, is to look up on your county sheriff's site, many of them have the listings for the dates of the sales etc. at least our small country county lists them. and, we have seen in our area that our old home is, hasn't had a single foreclosure since oct. of 2010!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X