No announcement yet.

Notice of Unlawful Detainer (Eviction) from Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, the eviction is just going to make it harder. Based on your prior posts, I am not buying the victim thing, I think you made your own bed on this one.

You were waiting as long as possible in your current home, but by waiting too long, you have made the situation. I don't buy for a second that you couldn't find a place to rent.
    Last edited by HHM; 07-26-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

to quote one of my favorite mods...LOL!!!! hindsight is really blind.

these are hard lessons for many. some people can repeat the same mistake and never learn from it...it's the HARD way, but unfortunately for some, the only way something is understood.

insight and hindsight the two keys to unlocking much of ones future, is sometimes not recognized by some. it may be youth, or lack of life experience in general, or just one truly believing it can't happen to them.

i hope everything works out! it will, one way or another, and i certainly hope for the best
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

yes i agree with both hhm and tobee.... at some point you have to realize what your options are going forward and start planning and making wise decisions. it was hard for me too. i cried a lot. i had not rented anything in over 25 years, but i did not want to be on the street or living in a bad neighborhood and researched my options long and hard. rental management companies are a whole different ball league. i do not have the option any more of letting a payment slide or else they will evict in a heartbeat. and if you get an eviction or unlawful detainer it does make it that much more difficult to rent than simply having bad credit. rental companies look at those detainers and say well gee, they are not planning well and do not want to run the risk of wasting time and money on you if you default with them in court. i will have to rent and use cash now for many years to come. i have to protect what little i have left (my good rental history) to be able to live in a safe place i can afford and enjoy. otherwise the only options left after that is gone are really bad neighborhoods, crime or hotels. and i do not want to spend the rest of my life in that misery. i love my pugs too much ha ha. they deserve a nice place and to stay with me their whole life. i would say it may not be too late.... but i am not sure.. i work for a realtor/broker whose biggest client is fannie mae... once you are served with that unlawful detainer...it is already in the court system for the public to see whether it is granted or not. at least that is the way it is here.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
          Unfortunately, the eviction is just going to make it harder. Based on your prior posts, I am not buying the victim thing, I think you made your own bed on this one.

You were waiting as long as possible in your current home, but by waiting too long, you have made the situation. I don't buy for a second that you couldn't find a place to rent.
          HHM, if you don't have anything of value to contribute to this post, please stay out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by daxtell View Post
            yes i agree with both hhm and tobee.... at some point you have to realize what your options are going forward and start planning and making wise decisions. it was hard for me too. i cried a lot. i had not rented anything in over 25 years, but i did not want to be on the street or living in a bad neighborhood and researched my options long and hard. rental management companies are a whole different ball league. i do not have the option any more of letting a payment slide or else they will evict in a heartbeat. and if you get an eviction or unlawful detainer it does make it that much more difficult to rent than simply having bad credit. rental companies look at those detainers and say well gee, they are not planning well and do not want to run the risk of wasting time and money on you if you default with them in court. i will have to rent and use cash now for many years to come. i have to protect what little i have left (my good rental history) to be able to live in a safe place i can afford and enjoy. otherwise the only options left after that is gone are really bad neighborhoods, crime or hotels. and i do not want to spend the rest of my life in that misery. i love my pugs too much ha ha. they deserve a nice place and to stay with me their whole life. i would say it may not be too late.... but i am not sure.. i work for a realtor/broker whose biggest client is fannie mae... once you are served with that unlawful detainer...it is already in the court system for the public to see whether it is granted or not. at least that is the way it is here.
            daxtell, I think I have a place lined up right now that will take me. Yes, every fricken place I try for has reviewed me and my credit apps, I even have a very very high paying job and am willing to pay 5 months up front (usually 3 months rent + 2 months security or 4months rent + 1 month security) and still I get turned down, because these people say they have a half dozen other applications applying as well. Some are lying as I see they repost the ad back up on craigslist or other sources after they told me they found another buyer.

And this process takes weeks to go through, so it's like a job interview, I keep applying and keep getting turned down.

I finally found someone that says they are interested in me, I am reviewing the lease, I just need my realtor to run the title check which I have been pestering him for days to do. He says monday morning. If the title check comes in clear, I can go to the bank on Monday and get the cashiers check and sign the lease and be done. But remember, I have gone through this twice before, only to find something wrong with the landlords, foreclosure and default on over a years HOA.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
              daxtell, I think I have a place lined up right now that will take me. Yes, every fricken place I try for has reviewed me and my credit apps, I even have a very very high paying job and am willing to pay 5 months up front (usually 3 months rent + 2 months security or 4months rent + 1 month security) and still I get turned down, because these people say they have a half dozen other applications applying as well. Some are lying as I see they repost the ad back up on craigslist or other sources after they told me they found another buyer.

And this process takes weeks to go through, so it's like a job interview, I keep applying and keep getting turned down.

I finally found someone that says they are interested in me, I am reviewing the lease, I just need my realtor to run the title check which I have been pestering him for days to do. He says monday morning. If the title check comes in clear, I can go to the bank on Monday and get the cashiers check and sign the lease and be done. But remember, I have gone through this twice before, only to find something wrong with the landlords, foreclosure and default on over a years HOA.
              it's UNREAL the YOU have to run a title check on one's rental to assure it's not in foreclosure. what a mess this all is!!!

i know you will find something soon. and, i also know it's been really hard to deal with all this. really NO one is prepared for this type of situation and can predict what and what will happen. something has to give.

again, try everyone!!! maybe post at work??????? you never know who may know someone that knows someone..etc.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Take one of the houses in default. Don't pay a security deposit or more than a month's rent in advance. If/when it goes to foreclosure, stop paying (and save up the rent payments, see if you can work out something with the bank to stay a bit longer). Pare down your possessions to those that are truly necessary. Continue your search; when you're desperate, you'll have a hard time finding something. If you're just mildly interested in finding a place, you'll have several drop in your lap.
                Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

OK, I finally closed a place after months of searching. Beautiful place in a very nice community. I could have gotten a place much nicer that said they were interested in me, but I didn't want to risk turning down the only place I could find (to those that thought I wasn't trying, think before you speak). I am out this weekend. I can hardly wait to get out of this place. This will close my entire BK chapter of my life.

Thank you everyone for your support. I will be back to give helpful advice to those going through the same as me.

Comment

OK, I finally closed a place after months of searching. Beautiful place in a very nice community. I could have gotten a place much nicer that said they were interested in me, but I didn't want to risk turning down the only place I could find (to those that thought I wasn't trying, think before you speak). I am out this weekend. I can hardly wait to get out of this place. This will close my entire BK chapter of my life.

Thank you everyone for your support. I will be back to give helpful advice to those going through the same as me.
                    i'm so happy you secured a place!!!!! best of luck to you and your gf. i know that this is just the start of better things to come for you!!!!!
                    Last edited by tobee43; 08-11-2011, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Wonderful!!!!!!!

ok, i finally closed a place after months of searching. Beautiful place in a very nice community. I could have gotten a place much nicer that said they were interested in me, but i didn't want to risk turning down the only place i could find (to those that thought i wasn't trying, think before you speak). I am out this weekend. I can hardly wait to get out of this place. This will close my entire bk chapter of my life.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X