top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreclosure in BK, lender won't C4K, what can we sell off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure in BK, lender won't C4K, what can we sell off?

Our Chap 7 BK is set to discharge on Aug 1 house is surrender in BK (upside down 40 - 50K, not enough to strip 2nd). Bank applied for lift of stay, was granted, but nothing is happening. We were notified we were no asset and everything was abandoned by Trustee, so we've been selling off personal property. Because we have crappy credit and a loud dog and a louder bird, we looked for a rental house and found one with a landlord we've known for years (we used to hire him to do carpentry work on our home). We've moved already and are removing the rest of our belongings from the home (so someone is there daily the rest of this month), and are trying to get lender to give us C4K but they say they don't offer this except on short sales. And because of the BK, we have no need to put ourselves through the short sale ringer. I'm still hoping that I can wake someone up at the lender to realize that if they accept a DIL and give us C4K we'll leave it ready to show - it's LAKEFRONT and very nicely landscaped, etc.

But if they won't wake up and it's just going to foreclose...

We had lots of interest in the wood stove which we had not included in our yard sale, thinking of it as "attached" to the house... can we sell things like that and the GE Advantium microwave halogen oven? We already sold our fridge. Obviously not the plumbing or the furnace, but stuff that's surface attachments? What are the rules, and what are the repercussions for doing that?
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

when we left we sold whatever wasn't literally nailed down. we need the money for our move..every cent.

fast forward, when we were looking a few years later to find a place to buy to rent or buy we went into these foreclosed homes and i swear....(this one really sticks in my mind)...they pulled out the entire kitchen. i mean even the walls..(guess they had tile on them?) the bathrooms....every fixture was removed. the central air was OUT...

we didn't do anything like that at all. what we did take we clean up after and made everything neat and nice. i have seen people sell sheds, spas, everything. so it would be a personal decision for you.

;) we left the wood stove.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X