Appliction and Order to Serve Summons by Posting for Unlawful Detainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appliction and Order to Serve Summons by Posting for Unlawful Detainer

I am just testing the entire process of eviction unfortunately.

I just received a knock on my door from the mailman delivering me a application and order to serve summons by posting for unlawful detainer. I am assuming this is just going through the formalities so they can officially summons me for a court date for eviction, correct?

What happens next, they set up a court date, I show up at the court and they give me a certain amount of time to vacate before I am officially evicted?

I would like to avoid having an eviction on my record, but do I still get time after I show up to court before they officially stamp me with an eviction?

What is your situation? Are you a homeowner whose house has already been sold at foreclosure auction? A tenant in a house that was sold at foreclosure auction? A tenant that has fallen behind on the rent?

If you are a tenant in a house that has been foreclosed, then most states give you the legal right to a reasonable timeframe to vacate once the house is sold BEFORE the new owner can initiate eviction proceedings. In many cases, you can get another month or two. However, even though it's not your fault that the house you are renting got foreclosed, you still will have to move, and if you refuse, you WILL end up with the eviction on your record, which will make it very difficult to rent again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X