• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you stop paying mortgage?

To those who did not reaffirm their mortgage:

1. What's your state?

2. When did you stop paying?

3. Are you still in the house?

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun).

New York, April 2009, yes, complaint filed May 2011, did not answer, mortgage transferred to lender's subsidiary in June; in July subsidiary offered short sale or deed in lieu, did not respond, nothing further
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

1. Illinois
    2. Oct 2009
    3. yes
    4. motion for SJ withdrawn by plaintiff. Next hearing date scheduled well into next year.

Note: I am not BK either, just responding to FC questions.

Comment

1) PA
      2) Jan. 2011
      3) Yes
      4) My BK was filed and completed, told the mortgage company my house is for sale and then have not set a sale date or anything yet.

Comment

1. NJ
        2. Feb 2010
        3. No, could have probably stayed through the summer, but needed to find a place in the same school district so I moved out shortly after getting served.
        4. I was served on 5/3/2011. I have a court date that I will not be attending. I answered and sent in a copy of the Chapter 7 discharge.

Comment

1. Missouri
          2. April 2010
          3. Yes
          4. Foreclosure has not started yet.
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

1. What's your state? - Florida

2. When did you stop paying? - May 2011

3. Are you still in the house? - Yes

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun). - Not started - Filed Ch 7 on 7/15/11 - will not reaffirm
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

NJ
              May 2011
              Yes
              No NOD as of yet, we did submit application for modification in July, no response yet.

Comment

1. What's your state?

even though we now live in florida, the state our property is or was in was nj

2. When did you stop paying?

we stopped paying 9 month prior to leaving the premises

3. Are you still in the house?

nope!

4. What is the status of your foreclosure (if it has begun).

we just got updated status after over 3 years now that it's just beginning or status is "preliminary foreclosure" what ever the heck that means.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Dang, tobee. Ya coulda been a millionaire by now with all that saving.
                  Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thanks to all for your responses. Though I know it varies by state, I just wanted to see how much time I possibly have. I'm hoping a long time. It's quite possible since I'm in New York (900 days).

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                      Thanks to all for your responses. Though I know it varies by state, I just wanted to see how much time I possibly have. I'm hoping a long time. It's quite possible since I'm in New York (900 days).
                      I tried to do this also. I have been researching FL FC timelines and it could be as fast as 6 months or as long as Tobee.
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

1. Fl
                        2. May 2010
                        3. Yes
                        4. Served in August of 2010, havent heard anything. The banks keeps sending us modification offers though. How do you find out what the status is?

Comment

Originally posted by StEt0417 View Post
                          1. Fl
                          2. May 2010
                          3. Yes
                          4. Served in August of 2010, havent heard anything. The banks keeps sending us modification offers though. How do you find out what the status is?
                          You can check the county records online.

Comment

1. Fl
                            2. August 2009
                            3. Yes
                            4. 5 more days will be the 2 year mark of not paying. After hiring lawyer and then letting him go so this case would play itself out, we filed answers to the complaint and have heard nothing since Oct of 2010. Not waking a sleeping giant either.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                              I don't think based on a local lawyers opinion that you will not make 900 days, because you failed to file an answer they will get a default, BIG mistake IMO, you should get any kind of answer in to get 900 + days.

It is too late now???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X