Do I need to let them in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to let them in?

Once the foreclosure starts do I need to let the sheriff/lender/realtors in to the house to see the condition or to show it? I think I asked this before on here but I am getting mixed info on this off the web. Foreclosure is in Michigan. Thanks.

No you don't.

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Absolutely not. In fact, a realtor shouldn't even be involved because you have a 6 month right of redemption after the sheriffs sale. (The 6 month right of redemption is in place if you haven't moved out of the home and it is under 5 acres I believe...longer redemption period if your home is on acreage over that amount). Until your right of redemption period is over it is still your home.
      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Until you are off of the Deed, it is your home and castle. Unless there is a warrant, nobody is allowed into your house without cause. (Fire personnel have a legal right under the law only if there is a fire). 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

and don't be surprised if they attempt to get pushy. so hold your ground!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X