Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure Hearing Set!

Hi guys!

So the bank is moving forward with taking my house after I surrendered it during the BK.

I am very happy about this, but need to know if I need to go to the hearing (currently out of the country) and if anybody has any data on what to do at this point, at the hearing, etc.

Thanks guys and gals!

You rock!

trango...if you don't mind me asking which bank? and how long did it take them to finally begin the process?

if you gave up the out and surrendered it, there is no reason whatsoever you need to go to the hearing it's a done deal if you were discharged and closed on your bk!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Im wondering the same thing! Also, did you file Ch7 or Ch13? Were you far behind on the payments when you filed?

thanks!
      10/27/11 - Filed Ch13 ------ 2/27/12 - Conversion to Non-Consumer Ch7 ----6/11/12 - Discharged!

Comment

Tobee: Wells Fargo has my first and HMS my second mortgage. Did you have them take a house?

I would really like to hear from someone who has had the bank take their house bank after surrendering it in BK

AZNoName: I didnt pay for almost a year before filing Chapter 7 BK.

So, anybody been through the whole cycle to a finish of the bank actually taking the bloody house back? Since I'm out of the country now I'd kinda like to have my name off the deed and be totally done with the thing. No money in having it in my name now, if ya know what I mean ;)

Comment

Is the hearing for summary judgement? How long of time frame from LP did you get the hearing.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by trango View Post
            Tobee: Wells Fargo has my first and HMS my second mortgage. Did you have them take a house?

I would really like to hear from someone who has had the bank take their house bank after surrendering it in BK

AZNoName: I didnt pay for almost a year before filing Chapter 7 BK.

So, anybody been through the whole cycle to a finish of the bank actually taking the bloody house back? Since I'm out of the country now I'd kinda like to have my name off the deed and be totally done with the thing. No money in having it in my name now, if ya know what I mean ;)
            no we have chase and only had a first and it's been just about 4 years and nothing, no movement on the foreclosure.

i have seen some where the bank has taken back the house and sold them at auction on the board.

i'm really at the point that i don't give a hoot about being on the deed. the bank has had possession for all this time. and while some may agree the point, i say, i really don't care, i have no liability since the bank has changed the locks and taken physical possession. the only draw back is for some they are awaiting their foreclosure to begin a time-line to obtain a new mortgage. we did owner finance with our new house and circumvented the banks completely.

although some may argue with me on this point i say it's only a technicality, and the intend on the petition is the surrendered and the proof is in the bank's possession. while cases may decided on a technicality, it can go either way, and i truly believe those of us who's banks don't foreclose for years, we would prevail. (once again, i'm certain some don't agree with this point of view).
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X