top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People driving by my house and stopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People driving by my house and stopping?

Our house is in foreclosure. A few days after this happened we reach an agreement with our mortgage company (had started the process before the actually foreclosure) and have been paying as agreed. Their attorneys said they would postpone the foreclosure sale every 30 days as long as we paid as agreed (payment plan to end in July). We have been paying as agreed. The foreclosure is scheduled for the end of March and is not scheduled to be listed in the paper until the beginning of the month. Just today I have seen two cars drive up to our house and stop for a few minutes and drive by. Am I just being paranoid, or does that have anything to do w/the foreclosure? We have had 2 real estate agents stop by and we told them we were in a payment plan. And we live on a corner, so I wonder if people could have been pulling over b/c they were lost or something. But this just creeps me out a little bit. The next time I see it, I'm tempted to go out and ask if I can help the person.

That scenario would give me the creepy-crawlies, too! If you do decide to go ask them if you can help them with anything, PLEASE make sure you have a cell phone in hand. Just because you never know...

Keep us posted!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Your home is listed publically somewhere as being in foreclosure and could be listed still on the sheriff's sale roster or foreclosure information obtained by real estate agents. I would search your home address on the internet, search the listing of homes that are on your county's sheriff sale listing for the next sale, and see what comes up. I would also contact your mortgage company and see if all that information has been removed since you have reached an agreement with them.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

And it's probably on Realty Trac as a "pre-foreclosure", which gets the investment vultures all excited that someone else is "circling the drain"..

Comment

What's bad about folks coming to look at your house is that they also survey the houses on both sides (your neighbors). They want to see how houses next door are being kept, yards, etc., if there are signs of kids, you name it. The house next door to us had to go into foreclosure as it would not sell (from an estate - the children could not make the mortgage payments anymore as it would not sell on the market) so they let it go. It didn't take long before people were peeking in the windows, walking past our house looking into our backyard, coming over to ask us questions if we were outside, etc. When I questioned them, they said they saw it online. They are looking for ways to bargain on the price - it's awful....contact your mortgage company to get your information off of those lists but don't be surprised if it doesn't subside for a while as the information is out there now in internetland. Best of luck to you...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X