Advice please! At wits end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please! At wits end.

We are in Ohio, in a smaller county (things move quicker). Bk7 discharged last summer, included house. Stopped paying in fall. Sent paperwork toward loan mod a few days ago. Today, the mailman tried to deliver a cert letter from court. Checked pacer, and saw foreclosure was filed a few days ago.

We are having a heck of a time finding somewhere to rent that will fit us. Can't relocate due to our job. I contact our bk attorney asking how much $ to have her respond for us, look over mod paperwork, etc, or a referral to someone she recommends if that's not her forte. Haven't heard back.

So question...how to delay? And is it good or bad that we weren't here to accept the cert letter? Does that give a few more days? I have NO idea of timeline here. I just know I keep calling rentals, and finding out they're already rented. Apparently they rent fast around here! We may HAVE to stay in our home. It's even more complicated since I'm to on the mortgage, and dh works really long hours. He never was able to talk to mortgage co (pnc). I finally submitted the mod paperwork on my own, albeit late.

Anyone have advice?

when you say "fit us" - could you clarify? Is it due to animals or children - or is it just to do a standard of living issue? (not that that isn't important, because it is..but standards can be moreso a "want vs. need").

If you submitted morg. mod paperwork w/out hubby you'll probably end up blindsiding him in the long run. Trust me PNC is ruthless when it comes to paperwork (we began our mod back in Sep 2009 with a final mod offer in Feb 2010 after MANY MANY submissions *repeat I might add* and lots of calling higher ups). We were still having issues as of this year with PNC trying to get things right, again with many packets being sent by us Certified Return Receipt Sig. required. You'll have a hell of a time in the process - so if you want to PM me, I'll gladly provide you with names/numbers/emails of those in charge at PNC that can assist you when things go south.

Comment

You might try:

Homeowners who are in foreclosure, delinquent, or fear they may miss a mortgage payment may call the Save the Dream Ohio hotline at 888-404-4674. More information about assistance to prevent foreclosure is available at www.savethedream.ohio.gov.
      Because your husband is the one on the mortgage, he is probably going to have to find some time to deal with this, even if it's during his lunch break.

We may HAVE to stay in our home.
      You may have to accept that it isn't possible to do that. While you work on finding a way to keep your home, don't stop trying to find a rental.

You can learn about the timeline for foreclosure in Ohio with a Google search.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
        when you say "fit us" - could you clarify? Is it due to animals or children - or is it just to do a standard of living issue? (not that that isn't important, because it is..but standards can be moreso a "want vs. need").

If you submitted morg. mod paperwork w/out hubby you'll probably end up blindsiding him in the long run. Trust me PNC is ruthless when it comes to paperwork (we began our mod back in Sep 2009 with a final mod offer in Feb 2010 after MANY MANY submissions *repeat I might add* and lots of calling higher ups). We were still having issues as of this year with PNC trying to get things right, again with many packets being sent by us Certified Return Receipt Sig. required. You'll have a hell of a time in the process - so if you want to PM me, I'll gladly provide you with names/numbers/emails of those in charge at PNC that can assist you when things go south.
        We are a family with quite a few children. And cats, but no dogs. But really, houses that fit the kids is the issue (4 bedroom although we would make do with 3).

My hubby knows I sent the paperwork in, he had filled most of it out 2months ago, then just set it aside when he didn't know some answers. So he's definitely not unaware.

He's a professional, and didn't want word to get out. But now he's putting out feelers to help find somewhere to go. His
        profession is one where he can't relocate.

I think pnc got our mod packet, since they just called. Hadn't heard from them in over a week! I will get hubby to call this evening.

I wish I knew what the certified letters were from the county courthouse. Weve never gotten certified mail before. But going by the solicitations from foreclosure attorneys in the past 2 days, it's definitely FC related.

About the offer to PM, I will be taking you up on that.

Comment

Pandora, I tried to PM you but can't, for some reason. I know I received a PM in the past (some kind of spam, I think). Is there a minimum post count I have to reach before I get that privilege?

Comment

Originally posted by tripbuddy View Post
            Pandora, I tried to PM you but can't, for some reason. I know I received a PM in the past (some kind of spam, I think). Is there a minimum post count I have to reach before I get that privilege?
            I'll PM it to you....gimme a sec

ETA: Cant PM you - you either have your PM set to "off" or you dont have enough posts yet. Check your settings; once you have things set / permission, PM me and I'll give you the info.

Comment

I'll PM it to you....gimme a sec

ETA: Cant PM you - you either have your PM set to "off" or you dont have enough posts yet. Check your settings; once you have things set / permission, PM me and I'll give you the info.
              Thanks, Pandora. And if anyone knows a good Foreclosure attorney (is there such a thing?) in NE Ohio, please let me know. I think my BK atty was ony for Bk, and she isn't replying anyway.

Comment

I think the number to PM is north of 25... I think they set "phasers to stun" after the last round of PM spam.

Some realtors handle rentals, too. May be worth calling one or two (and if they don't they may can point you in the right direction).

Good luck!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Have you gone to a property management company to see if they can help you find a place? Also, take a drive through a neighborhood you may be considering and look for "rent" signs. Also look in craigslist for rentals by owner (be discreet with your information until you know for sure this is a true ad) as many owners are listing with them now. Good luck!

Comment

trip - did you get my PM with the info? Sent it yesterday a.m.

Comment

trip - did you get my PM with the info? Sent it yesterday a.m.
                      Sorry it took me a while to get back here and say anything. Dealing with bank account, debit card number was stolen and used fraudulently. Sigh.

Thanks for the pm, Pandora! Pnc calls for hubby, won't talk to me, just say to have him call. He calls, and gets voice mail. Leaves a message with his number, they call mine again the next day. Pretty sure the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing over at PnC.

I'm researching now, looking for a foreclosure attorney. They help avoid foreclosure, maybe, right? Or just represent you through it? I do know I'm getting the certified letter in about a week (had to give a date for redelivery from USPS.)

I haven't even gotten any word on if our mod packet was received by pnc, if it was complete, ANYTHING.

Then, dh asked if we can buy a house BEFORE the foreclosure is filed, assuming our income is big enough.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X