Settlement Conference -What to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement Conference -What to expect?

I got a date for a settlement conference. What to expect?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

I've been dying to use this since I learned about it. No offense intended. I just think it's fun. The second hit is specfic to the NYC court, but it is helpful and I suspect the procedure is similar throughout the state. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+york+settlement+conference
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      I've been dying to use this since I learned about it. No offense intended. I just think it's fun. The second hit is specfic to the NYC court, but it is helpful and I suspect the procedure is similar throughout the state. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+york+settlement+conference
      OK, LIR I learned something, but since I have been out of touch, our OP has been discharged in C7. Is he still sued? Why the conference at all? Usually an AP is inserted into a C7 so as not to allow discharge of a specific debt. Teach me please. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

OK, I didn't read far enough. I assumed it was a lawsuit of monies and Mrs. explained foreclosure. Yeppers, and you know, I would never argue the point with her (and live). Sorry. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I'll read. Thanks guys!
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X