No announcement yet.

WalkAway Fail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I went back to my bank yesterday and filled out paperwork stating that it was an unauthorized withdrawal since my BK discharge effectively was the mortgage co.'s notice to cease collection attempts. This morning the money is back in my account! Victory, except for the $90 and counting in OD fees, returned check, etc incurred. Next I will write a certified letter requesting all penalty fee's etc to be reimbursed that were caused by their illegal withdrawal. Thanks everyone for your comments and advice, I almost just let it slide, now I have most of it back! It will now be interesting to see if and when my mortgage co. takes action on starting foreclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
      That is interesting, I had not heard that of Florida, We have not received any letter as of yet. We are not eligible for mod as our pmt is less than 32%. So will be interesting if we get offer from BOA.
      Here is what the BoA website says about qualification for principal reduction:

Among other criteria:

•you must be at least 60 days delinquent as of January 31, 2012 as well as at the time your loan is evaluated for the modification.
      •you must owe more on your mortgage than the value of your home.
      •your loan must be owned by Bank of America or held by a mortgage investor that has delegated authority to Bank of America.
      •you must have a contractual monthly payment for principal, interest, property taxes, hazard insurance and any applicable homeowner association fees totaling more than 25 percent of your gross household income.
      Having trouble making mortgage payments? Many home loan assistance programs are in place to help avoid foreclosure and stay in the home. Learn about home loan assistance options.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks , I will check it out.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

ValleYum,

Thanks so much for all of the background on your situation. It seems like every mortgage mod horror story features either Chase or B of A! We'll go through the mod application motions, and see what they come up with. But, I am sure it's going to play out much like your story. Good luck to you!

LetItGo,

Congratulations on getting your money back, and good luck to you, as well!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X