top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House sold at auction should I stop pay HOA and house insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House sold at auction should I stop pay HOA and house insurance.

House sold at foreclosure auction 11/27 should I stop pay Home Owner Association and the house insurance or I have to wait until the new owner recorded with the county? I checked they have not recorded yet. The house was discharged in bk 2/2011. I want to get it over and be done with this long stressful journey.
    Thank you.

It may be prudent to wait until the deed actually changes hands. Have you tried calling the Recorder of Deeds (or Tax Collector)? Sometimes, they run a little behind with the updated paperwork, although the home may have already been legally transferred.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

You *might* want to pay another month or two, but after that, you have no more control over that property. Stop throwing good money after bad. This is my opinion only.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

House auction sold on 11/27/2012. At the time the house sold property tax is unpaid. I checked the Tax Collector website is showed the property tax is paid on 12/7/2012. Hopefully they recorded after they paid the house taxes.

We have moved out the house a month before the house is sold. When we come back to the house to get the rest of our stuff on the day after the house is sold. There are sign "NO TRESS PASSING" on the garage, the windows, and the door. At this time I called the utilities company to cancel all the utils. The Waste company told me that the person who going to move in the property had cancelled and put it in his name. I came by the house couple times the house is still empty the "NO TRESS PASSING" still there.
        Last edited by chiwawa; 12-14-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Yes. Stop paying anything toward this property. If you have something that will run out at the end of the month, then let that/those go. Let the company know that You will not be renewing.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X